Enable MMS on 3.0 or 3.0.1 Firmwares that are jailbroken!

Hacker

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
in order to download the files needed please go to
---hacksdaily.net/?p=124---​

As you know alot of people are getting mad at AT&T for this lack of MMS on the IPhone well they texted me and telling me that we have mms all you need to do is update to 3.1 which people dont want to do because it's not jailbroken yet, so i created that tutorial and file to make this hack as simple as possible.

Download the HDITunesCracker.bat and the ipcc file

Close your ITunes and run the HDITunesCracker.bat -- this will open your ITunes as well if not then open it yourself.

Then after it is opened plug in your IPhone and go to it in ITunes

HOLD DOWN SHIFT AND CLICK UPDATE

then locate your ipcc file (ATT_US.ipcc)

it will load it in to your iphone and then restart your IPhone and now you have MMS!

HDITunesCracker is made by me ;)

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site

As you know alot of people are getting mad at AT&T for this lack of MMS on the IPhone well they texted me and telling me that we have mms all you need to do is update to 3.1 which people dont want to do because it's not jailbroken yet, so i created that tutorial and file to make this hack as simple as possible.

Close your ITunes and run the HDITunesCracker.bat -- this will open your ITunes as well if not then open it yourself.

it will load it in to your iphone and then restart your IPhone and now you have MMS!

Or you could just download the update on apples website and update it through itunes without using some sketchy 3rd party software.

/thread.

HOW TO: Install Official MMS on Jailbroken iPhone 3G/3GS (3.0-3.0.1) - Page 5 - Mac Forums

andy2320

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site

i dont see the file! please help

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Just use the sinfuliphone website to hack the mms & tethering functions. I redownloaded them on Friday and it all works flawless now. I am 3GS on 3.0.1 and I'm mms and tethering like crazy.

capnben

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site
There is another method if the above are not working. I was having a problem with sinful's program. I also could not use iTunes as I was getting an error everytime (due to carrier logos I think). Anyway, if you find that att_us.ipcc file from one of the many links in many threads on here... download it to your desktop. Change the extension from .ipcc to .zip. Unzip the file. You will find a folder called payload. If you look in that folder you will find a new carrier.plist. If you SSH that into the ATT_US folder in the Carrier Bundles folder you will have MMS. It may not be the easiest solution, but if the others are not working, this one did work for me.

Capnben

iPhone 3GS 32GB FW 3.01 JB!!!

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
capnben, I've done it numerous ways including yours...with same outcome...NO MMS still att carrier file on 3.0 3g JB. I've registered on Sinfuliphone to get their download but that wasn't any better. SOMEWHERE, SOMETHING, SOMEHOW I'm NOT hacking correctly. At least I haven't locked my phone yet...LOL IGoSlo

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
None of the links on that site actually work ( pretty funny IMO ).

The bat file should have just set the option that you have to do via command line, which I'm sure some people found confusing or difficult, especially if they've never seen a command line before that LOL.

IGoSlo, what have you done so far? When you go to Settings>General>Network do you see a Cellular Data option there? What do you see when you go to Settings>General>Messages ?

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
capnben, I've done it numerous ways including yours...with same outcome...NO MMS still att carrier file on 3.0 3g JB. I've registered on Sinfuliphone to get their download but that wasn't any better. SOMEWHERE, SOMETHING, SOMEHOW I'm NOT hacking correctly. At least I haven't locked my phone yet...LOL IGoSlo
You still havent got this working after I sent you those steps?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
bullitt3246, FINALLY GOT IT...BUT NOT YOUR WAY...I GREATLY thank you though. These are the steps I took...If anyone else is having difficulty...THIS WORKS...BUT YOU NEED TO SSH...
1. Change the ATT_US.ipcc U downloaded to a Zip file. If it already is a Zip file Open
2. FIND the "Payload" file...OPEN it
3. FIND the ATT_US.bundle file...OPEN it
4. SSH the Carrier.plist, the 3 Default_Carrier PNG images, the 3 FSO_Carrier PNG Images,the Info.plist and the version.plist

SSH these files to your iPhone @ this ADDRESS Root/Private/Var/Mobile/Library/Carrier.Bundle/ATT_US.Bundle This DOES work to check if you did it right there are anumber of ways. open your message app look 4 a small camera to the left of the message line. Go to Settings/General/about scroll down to Carrier Should read AT & T 6.0 or 5.5 depending on what ATT_US.ipcc file you used. REMEMBER JB'ING IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK...I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY **** UP'S....IT DOES WORK...I'VE been working since last Friday to do this... GOOD LUCK, IGoSlo

reyscorpio

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
I have the Iphone 3 with JB 3.0.

I have tried most of the suggested methods in this thread and it still will not work for me?? I have download the official carrier files and used ITunes to update it to 5.5 file. I then tried the IGOSLO and then lastly the sinfuliphone method.

I can not get any Network/Data/carrier information displayed.

The best I get is the MMS enabled, the camera icon works but no successful pictures are sent. All I get is the red exclamation Try Again. I have contacted ATT to make sure I have the correct Iphone message package. Lastly, I have powered off, reset the SIM card, rebooted and viola - Nothing.

I'd appreciate feedback, thank you.

wcihlu

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Quickpwn's website has a great tutorial for mac and windows users to load mms to a jailbroken 3.0 or 3.0.1 iphone. And it really works and takes less than 5 mins! Its just like the OP's instruction but I believe its different for macs

andy2320

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Just use the sinfuliphone website to hack the mms & tethering functions. I redownloaded them on Friday and it all works flawless now. I am 3GS on 3.0.1 and I'm mms and tethering like crazy.

it doesnt send the pics, like it freezes just about when it getting ready to send. can u help me?

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guy/Gals, We have 2 3 g 3.0 OS 9.0 iTunes iPhones. I used the Stealth ATT_bundle.ipcc to get MMS and tethering. I SSH'd to My phone first. had difficulty but Finally succeeded tested with another MMS enabled iPhone. Transfered MMS pic BOTH ways. No PROBLEMS. Then I went and followed SAME PROCEDURE on my wife's iPhone SAME PHONE. DON"T work... Checked setting on BOTH iPhone's BOTH are IDENTICAL... Both HAVE AT & T 6.0 Carrier file. Both have Cellular Date APN phone

Visual Voicemail acds.voicemail MMS APN wap.cingular MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com80 MMS Max Message Size 614400

I have reset settings, restored to new reloaded STILL NO MMS on her's MMS on mine. Any Suggestions....HELP IGoSlo

bullitt3246

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey Guy/Gals, We have 2 3 g 3.0 OS 9.0 iTunes iPhones. I used the Stealth ATT_bundle.ipcc to get MMS and tethering. I SSH'd to My phone first. had difficulty but Finally succeeded tested with another MMS enabled iPhone. Transfered MMS pic BOTH ways. No PROBLEMS. Then I went and followed SAME PROCEDURE on my wife's iPhone SAME PHONE. DON"T work... Checked setting on BOTH iPhone's BOTH are IDENTICAL... Both HAVE AT & T 6.0 Carrier file. Both have Cellular Date APN phone

Visual Voicemail acds.voicemail MMS APN wap.cingular MMSC http://mmsc.cingular.com MMS Proxy wireless.cingular.com80 MMS Max Message Size 614400

I have reset settings, restored to new reloaded STILL NO MMS on her's MMS on mine. Any Suggestions....HELP IGoSlo

I thought you got it all working? You sent me pics didnt you?

Reactions: IGoSlo

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Bullitt3246, I did get it set up on one (1) iPhone.. MINE... Went to sset my wife's. as in post... followed successful steps Had to do everything 2's wiil keep u updated IGoSlo:confused:

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Got this Idea off the internet...Swapped SIM Cards (my JB 3 g 3.0 9.0 iTunes) with uploaded ATT_US.Bundle...THIS iPhone is capable of MMS after I upgraded carrier file. My wife's iPhone WOULD NOT MMS with upgraded carrier file... ALL changes are EXACTLY the same in both phone's... ONLY her's WILL NOT MMS.... Backed to swapped SIM's. I can MMS with my SIM in HER iPhone. I CANNOT MMS with my iPhone when HER SIM card is inserted. Thought the swap may correct the problem. Question ? Why can I MMS in my iPhone AND her iPhone with My SIM but cannot MMS with Hers? Any HELP ? Thanx, IGoSlo

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
MMS Successful

For those of you that have been following and having the same trouble. SUCCESS... We needed to call AT & T. MMS was opted OUT on her iPhone. They needed to throw a toggle. MMS now working. Anyone else having that issue... Call AT & T check make sure your iPhone plan is NOT OPTED OUT for MMS... Thanx to ALL who HELPED and HOPE MMS is working for YOU. :) :D :) IGoSlo

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2