"Make Available Offline" in Apple Music

msauce08

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

I am really liking Apple Music but there is one issue I am having that I have had even before with iTunes Match.

When downloading playlists to use offline, I find that unlike other music services, Apple Music takes much longer to download a playlist compared to when I use Spotify. On Spotify I could have about 500 songs downloaded in less than 10 minutes but Apple Music takes over three times as long for a playlist of the same amount of songs.

Any idea why and any tips on maybe making it quicker somehow?

Pale Wraith

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My guess is Apple's servers are still being slammed. Right now I'm experiencing my first problems making songs available offline and adding songs to my library.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

msauce08

May 14, 2013
Visit site
My guess is Apple's servers are still being slammed. Right now I'm experiencing my first problems making songs available offline and adding songs to my library.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Actually even before the Apple Music debut it was the same way. I'm thinking maybe Spotify downloads it at a somewhat lower bit rate versus Apple who downloads the standard 256 AAC file. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully this doesn't keep up as it may be a bit of a deal breaker for me...

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Actually even before the Apple Music debut it was the same way. I'm thinking maybe Spotify downloads it at a somewhat lower bit rate versus Apple who downloads the standard 256 AAC file. Correct me if I am wrong.

Hopefully this doesn't keep up as it may be a bit of a deal breaker for me...

I think it's just because the servers are slammed. I downloaded a bunch of songs (about 50-60) for offline listening last night at about 10-11 PM and they all downloaded very quickly over my 15 Mb/s connection. Not a blazing fast connection by any means.

I'd give it a few days to let the traffic die down and then I'm sure everything will be back to normal. :)

clareberry

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed exactly the same thing - between later last evening and about midday today.
I think they are feeling the heavy traffic.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Things should improve in 3 months when all the free accounts drop off. ;) I am seriously thinking about keeping it, in place of my Google Play Music subscription. The only downside is google is 2 bucks a month less. Google is the best deal in town! But so far I am really liking the Apple offering. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2