iOS7 Internet Issues

asds999

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I need help.... Like really badly. I am tired of this issue and not being able to do anything about it because apple developer forums are down....

So i have had iOS7 since beta 1. And i have had this internet issue ever sense i have had iOS7.

Every time i connect to any WiFi network (including mine) it says "unable to join network".

And im still amazed how the betas have not solved this issue.
I am currently running beta 3. But i see no reason to update to beta 4 if my WiFi network is still going to deny me.

The ONLY ways i have found that will let me on my iPod Touch 5G is either when i just wait it out until it finally lets me in automatically, or when i go downstairs to my basement and manually restart the router.

Yes i have tried every technique there is that you can do with the iPod to try getting it to work.

Reset Network settings
Reset system settings
Restore backup from iCloud
restore backup from iTunes
restore to factory settings
hard reset
soft reset
Upgrade router's firmware
restart modem
etc

but none of that fixes anything

its quite annoying and i know what you guys are going to say "you have to understand that this is the reason it's called beta". And i understand the risks of getting iOS7. But how come i feel like im the only one with this particular issue? I've searched all around Google for other people with this issue and i don't find anything?

I guess i will try it out on iOS7 beta 4

can anyone help me figure out why im not able to connect to my router at times? I cant access any other WiFi network anywhere else too because of this issue :(

Thanks

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you go back to iOS6, do the issues go away?

It's also quite possible you have a hardware defect that is brought to the surface by iOS7...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If restarting the router each time resolves the issue, it may just be a compatibility issue between Apple and your router. I have to restart my router on a weekly basis because it denies access to my Mac out of the blue. I'll be in the middle of, say, typing a response in the forums and all of a sudden I have no internet connection, yet every other piece of hardware in the house is fine. So I have to restart the router.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you go back to iOS6, do the issues go away?

It's also quite possible you have a hardware defect that is brought to the surface by iOS7...

I was going to recommend that... It very well could be a hardware issue on the device.

Do you have another registered device in your developer account? If so try to get that running on WiFi with iOS7. Then you can rule out your connection to your router.

asds999

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions.

1. When i was on iOS6 i usually never experienced network issues, i was able to connect to any router that was unlocked/free.
2. It might be a hardware issue but i would put that last on my list when it comes to figuring this out as i do not have apple care and am out of warranty.
3. It could possibly be a incompatibility with my device and other routers after iOS7 was installed. I wonder if there is a loop around to this?
4. I do not have any other device besides my iPod Touch 5G and my iPhone 3G and i KNOW my sister will never let me install iOS7 on her phone until apple tells her to do so.
5. But i do have other friends that i have authorized on my account to get iOS7 so i will ask them and keep you updated on their responses.

Thanks again for the help

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the suggestions.

1. When i was on iOS6 i usually never experienced network issues, i was able to connect to any router that was unlocked/free.
2. It might be a hardware issue but i would put that last on my list when it comes to figuring this out as i do not have apple care and am out of warranty.
3. It could possibly be a incompatibility with my device and other routers after iOS7 was installed. I wonder if there is a loop around to this?
4. I do not have any other device besides my iPod Touch 5G and my iPhone 3G and i KNOW my sister will never let me install iOS7 on her phone until apple tells her to do so.
5. But i do have other friends that i have authorized on my account to get iOS7 so i will ask them and keep you updated on their responses.

Thanks again for the help

You could also try a new router

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

asds999

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Its just, my dad recently got this router and he's always money tight and he would never buy a router just so i could see if my iPod works on it.

asds999

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
Ok so i have spoken to a couple of my friends and it seems like this is just an issue for me.

I asked him if he was able to connect to his own wifi and others (mcdonalds, starbucks, etc) and he said he never had a network issue with his iPod Touch 5G running iOS7.
so it seems like this is just happening to me...

But i really dont know what to do.

I have checked my warranty on apple's site and it still says im under warranty so i guess this is a plus.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77