iOS 6 bugs and feedback

Waldopepper2007

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
ios 6 bug?

Contrary to most who upgraded to ios 6, WIFI loss has not been a problem. However, I have lost my Cellular Data on my iPad. A message keeps popping up saying that there is no data remaining in my current plan and would I like to add now? The Cellular Data link connects me to my plan and confirms that I have enough data in my plan. I've tried everything I can think of and still cannot use my Cellular Data! I'm looking for someone else who shares this problem or who has a solution.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
i had a horrible time upgrading my jailbroken 4s and lost everything except a bunch of settings. All media. And i've got the typical complaints about maps being weak, navigation not being better then my garmin or waz, and passport being useless...But

As for bugs i've had none. Battery life is the same, it charges with the same chargers, wifi connected as soon as i restored from backup without having to enter passcodes again, no lag (i got lag when it was jailbroken). So i don't think ios 6 is groundbreaking, but i've had no problems and i'm pretty satisfied with the end product, and again i had an error and crash during my update and had to basically restore it from backup. total that clusterf___k took 2.5 hours to finish. But amazingly everything seems to work fine at that moment. Anyways that's my experience. ios 6 is ok for me so far.

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if its a bug but I've noticed that the position of the update button inside the app store isn't always in the same spot each time I go open the app. Sometimes its all the way to the right while other times its in the middle.

Anyone else noticed that?

Scottm42

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Reminders after the update:
Still can't sort
Still can assign "all day" to due date
Priority is still useless.
Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S

I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders.

Good Luck

Re "Still can't sort":
Wrong. You can sort.
You can manually reorder reminders by clicking the ?Edit? button then dragging the reminders.

Re "Still can assign 'all day' to due date":
Can't assign specific blocks of time either. So what? They are reminders. A start time is usually sufficient. If not, you can attach an always visible note. Let's say you are going to a convention that goes all day starting at 8 am. Make a reminder for 8 am. You will get there. If you want more details, eg length of conference, attach a note ("goes all day") which now conveniently stays visible at all times. Looks kind of like this:
-Comic convention
-2012-24 08:00
-Lasts all day. Get Spider-Man vs Hulk!
Or
-Laser surgery
-2012-23 10:00
-Done in 5 minutes. Bring left eyepatch.
Of course, you could also just make the Reminder itself say , "all day".
-Comic convention all day.

Re "Priority is still useless":
Really? Works fine for me. Can assign none/low (single red !)/medium (!!)/high(!!!). They stick out like a sore thumb. I can see how some would like to auto sort by priority. Where utility ends and creeping featuritis begins is a decision that designers have to wrestle with all the time. Apple isn't generally known for the longest tick lists. Compare Apple Pages to MS Word. I'm pleased with the Reminders 'ease of use / feature' balance. I haven't looked much, but there are probably several reminder apps available that go kitchen sink if that's your thing.

Re "Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S":
If the notes are important enough to write, they are important enough to display. The note font is very small to keep vertical Reminder space minimal. A very nice design choice between information per reminder and number of reminders shown in my opinion. Four lines of notes (the max initially visible) on an iPhone 4S displays about 160 characters. My Reminder notes, when I add them at all (usually the Reminder itself is sufficient), generally fit on one line (40 chars), which takes up very little vertical space indeed. Both example notes above fit on one line on an iPhone 4S

Re": I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders
I guess you're wrong. The iOS 6 decision to always display notes added in Reminders is evidence that it is being used and thoughtfully modified by Apple designers.

Naxdroid

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Battery, DnD.

I?ve only been an iPhone user since may, Eagerly looked forward to the update, but since updating my battery life has gone down the toilet, but I?ll be turning off push and locations to see if that helps, and my Do Not Disturb Does Not Do anything. It?s my impression that when ?on? the phone should not ring and/or vibrate when a call or text come in? but on my iPhone4s it?s allowing everything to come thru. I?ve changed setting (favorites/no one) ive tried scheduled vs manual and restarted the phone. Am I the only one with this issue? The only one misunderstanding what it?s supposed to do?

(yes)

Just read thru the DnD thread, learned I was testing it without locking the phone. #HappierNow

Last edited:

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Odd wifi problem. Since iOS6 update, wifi works perfectly except with some apps (TapTalk for example). The app will load, but it won't be able to do anything like load threads. If I switch to 3G, it works. If I view the forum in Safari, it works. But in order to use the app with wifi I have to reboot the iPhone. I've rebooted more times this week than in the entire time I've had my iPhone 4S. This happens with iTunes and App Store too.

Update: I think I've solved my problem. I did the network reset, no luck. Then I pulled my router, but the iPhone still showed WiFi connected. So did my wife's. Then I remembered I have a WiFi extender. It has never been a problem before, but as soon as I unplugged it (I didn't really need it in the first place), everything worked fine on all iPhones and iPods.

Last edited:

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Re "Still can't sort":
Wrong. You can sort.
You can manually reorder reminders by clicking the ?Edit? button then dragging the reminders.

Re "Still can assign 'all day' to due date":
Can't assign specific blocks of time either. So what? They are reminders. A start time is usually sufficient. If not, you can attach an always visible note. Let's say you are going to a convention that goes all day starting at 8 am. Make a reminder for 8 am. You will get there. If you want more details, eg length of conference, attach a note ("goes all day") which now conveniently stays visible at all times. Looks kind of like this:
-Comic convention
-Lasts all day. Get Spider-Man vs Hulk!
Or
-Laser surgery
-2012-23 10:00
-Done in 5 minutes. Bring left eyepatch.
Of course, you could also just make the Reminder itself say , "all day".
-Comic convention all day.

Re "Priority is still useless":
Really? Works fine for me. Can assign none/low (single red !)/medium (!!)/high(!!!). They stick out like a sore thumb. I can see how some would like to auto sort by priority. Where utility ends and creeping featuritis begins is a decision that designers have to wrestle with all the time. Apple isn't generally known for the longest tick lists. Compare Apple Pages to MS Word. I'm pleased with the Reminders 'ease of use / feature' balance. I haven't looked much, but there are probably several reminder apps available that go kitchen sink if that's your thing.

Re "Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S":
If the notes are important enough to write, they are important enough to display. The note font is very small to keep vertical Reminder space minimal. A very nice design choice between information per reminder and number of reminders shown in my opinion. Four lines of notes (the max initially visible) on an iPhone 4S displays about 160 characters. My Reminder notes, when I add them at all (usually the Reminder itself is sufficient), generally fit on one line (40 chars), which takes up very little vertical space indeed. Both example notes above fit on one line on an iPhone 4S

Re": I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders
I guess you're wrong. The iOS 6 decision to always display notes added in Reminders is evidence that it is being used and thoughtfully modified by Apple designers.

Sorting can not be done in Day View - only in list view and then when you switch to day view the sorting is screwed up.

Priorities- I would think that my highest priority would be at the top of my list and not possibly at the bottom of my list with 4 red symbols.

All Day Due Dates. I don't need to be reminded at 9 am that about an all day reminder. If so, I would set it for 9 am. The all day due date was available through iCloud.com then you would have to go to your device and set it there. Too much work but at least it was available. Not now.

Reminders Notes - before we were able to choose whether to display notes or not. Now we don't have that choice.

Regardless of these disadvantages (IMO) I will continue to use Reminders primarily because of the syncing of devices.

So Scott,, I guess we will respectfully agreed to disagree.

uncleotto

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to move icons around since iOS6. As soon as you do, then hit the home button to set them, the phone reboots for a second and the screen goes dim. When you get back into the phone the icons are right back where they were originally. Not sure why I continue to update the OS on these things on the first day they come out. :)
Were you trying to move icons more than two or three screens/pages at a time? There's a discussion about this over at Apple's forums, and most people seem to be able to get around this reboot issue by moving icons only one to four pages at a time (depending on the individual case), saving the temporary positions with the home button, and then moving them further and saving again.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/19631320#19631320

Another, perhaps better, way to get around this is to organize icons using the Apps tab in iTunes with the phone connected.

Edit: Can someone here tell me why my link is appearing in plain text with the BB code stuck at each end?

Last edited:

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Still having an issue with deleting icons from my home screen. Pressing and holding an icon makes them all wiggle, but there are no x's in the corners to be able to delete. So strange. Any ideas?

BobzBlobz

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and I tried to download the update wirelessly yesterday. When it appeared that the update was complete the screen showed a picture suggesting I should connect the phone to iTunes. My laptop is broken, so I had to connect to another person's iTunes. A message told me my iPhone was in recovery mode and I had to reset it to factory settings. I clicked 'Restore' and it said it was doing that and installing ios 6 (again). However when the progress bar reached the end I got an error. Throughout all this my iPhone relentlessly displayed the picture mentioned previously. When I try to turn it off the apple logo appears then the picture comes back. When I try resetting by holding the off button and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears, the picture still comes back. My iPhone is completely frozen on this picture. What can I do?

BobzBlobz

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Still having an issue with deleting icons from my home screen. Pressing and holding an icon makes them all wiggle, but there are no x's in the corners to be able to delete. So strange. Any ideas?

Some icons can't be deleted; the ones that you start with, like Maps, Compass, Newsstand, Safari, Camera, Photos, etc. - that kind of stuff. Other than that, I can't help :/

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and I tried to download the update wirelessly yesterday. When it appeared that the update was complete the screen showed a picture suggesting I should connect the phone to iTunes. My laptop is broken, so I had to connect to another person's iTunes. A message told me my iPhone was in recovery mode and I had to reset it to factory settings. I clicked 'Restore' and it said it was doing that and installing ios 6 (again). However when the progress bar reached the end I got an error. Throughout all this my iPhone relentlessly displayed the picture mentioned previously. When I try to turn it off the apple logo appears then the picture comes back. When I try resetting by holding the off button and home button at the same time until the apple logo appears, the picture still comes back. My iPhone is completely frozen on this picture. What can I do?

Maybe this will help. Hopefully you live near an Apple store. Good luck.

Sancho90

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
So far, the only thing I seem to be having a major problem with is the new App Store and iTunes Store.

The performance inconsistencies are absolutely making me hate the new stores... Which sucks, cause I do love the new look. But, the crashes, the random disconnects, the sometimes CHUGGY scrolling, and on extreme occasions completely differently mapped buttons at the bottom that cause the whole thing to crash, are just destroying it for me.

I know it will get better, but its still a bit of an annoyance.

Sent from Sancho's Brain
(New iPad, Tapatalk HD)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Some icons can't be deleted; the ones that you start with, like Maps, Compass, Newsstand, Safari, Camera, Photos, etc. - that kind of stuff. Other than that, I can't help :/

Hi - thanks for your reply! Yes, I know the native icons can't be deleted, but I'm talking about any app that I downloaded from the App Store. They wiggle but won't give me the "x" to delete them. Tried deleting the app from iTunes as well but it remains on my home screen. So strange!

douglaswilson

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My iphone 5 is refusing to sync with wifi. It backs up to icloud fine but it will not sync with wifi. My ipad will sync but not the iphone.

aesoc

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
ive lost youtube icon and not only that now my iphone wont connect/dock to anything and be recognized and wont charge! has anyone else had this?

cant even link it to the computer and fiddle about with it through that as computer or iTunes wont recongise that theres anything linked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77