iOS 6 bugs and feedback

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Bummer! I hadn't read about the removal of the native YouTube app.
;)

So when you reset your iPhone and iPad as new, did you have to start over and add your bookmarks and they synced after that? Or did the old bookmarks just "show up" on both devices? My old bookmarks are still on my iPad - hoping that they will eventually "appear" on my iPhone since the "open iPad apps" seem to work.

I updated OTA on both devices.

I am not sure if someone else has already mentioned this to you as I didn't read through all ten pages, but, Google released a stand alone YouTube app in the app store. In my opinion is is much better than the native one that apple offered. Its free so give it a try.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure if someone else has already mentioned this to you as I didn't read through all ten pages, but, Google released a stand alone YouTube app in the app store. In my opinion is is much better than the native one that apple offered. Its free so give it a try.

Thanks! Yes, after I noticed it was missing, I went to to the App Store hoping one would be there and found the google one. Using that one now and it's fine but I did like the native one. ;)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Thanks! Yes, after I noticed it was missing, I went to to the App Store hoping one would be there and found the google one. Using that one now and it's fine but I did like the native one. ;)

I just prefer the mobile website. It at least let's me choose HQ while on cellular data.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Reminders after the update:
Still can't sort
Still can assign "all day" to due date
Priority is still useless.
Now 4-5 lines of notes appear which means that I can only display 3 Reminders per screen on my iPhone 4S

I guess no one at Apple uses Reminders.

Good Luck

angelal4179

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I have upgraded to iOS 6 but the panaroma feature cannot be found in my camera mode! There is simply no option to select panaroma mode.. anyone experiencing a similar problem??

staggy7

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
hey since updating whenever i call someone the screen doesnt go black like it used to so when holding it next to my head buttons are still able to be pressed which happens alot and is rather annoying anyone else with this problem???

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
hey since updating whenever i call someone the screen doesnt go black like it used to so when holding it next to my head buttons are still able to be pressed which happens alot and is rather annoying anyone else with this problem???

That's the proximity sensor, and it's been a problem before, which was supposedly fixed. If you search for "proximity sensor" you might find some tips, or take it to the Apple Store.

9thWonder

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Steve Jobs insight is sorely missed. The worst IOS update ever. They took a step back in my opinion.

i'll be honest i've felt like this since he passed. There are just lots of goings on and product aspects that strike me as not to a standard that he'd have held. That he'd have said, "such and such a thing isn't good enough no go back and fix it cause it wont' get released like that." But now i get the notion there's no such quality control at that level. and lots of things strike me as needlessly confusing in a way jobs didn't like. can't be positive obviously but take the podcast app. Seems so shoddy, confusing, you have to skip all over, it's not streamlined and minimalistic, and so short of features. struck me as something jobs wouldn't have stood for. And passport launch seems like something other companies would do. Launch without many supporting apps for it. People will deny but i believer there are some differences between this and the Jobs led Apple. It won't mean they fail but i think it will mean less wow and a lot of unsatisfied customers at times.

reidy1981

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
To say I disliked my iphone4 before the ios6 update is an understatement. The battery life, the constant crashing and the crappy signal quite simply frustrated me constantly. The iOS6 update has somehow (I never thought possible) frustrated me even more. Since updating my phone has just been bug,bug,bug,bug.
Problem 1 - Performance. Everything is just laggy. Switching from one app to another, getting my email, making a phone call just takes longer to do. Pressing the answer buton when receioving phonecall has so far not worked first time in the 4 calls I have received on it since upgrading. When it does answer it is taking 15-20 seconds to connect. Its driving me nuts
Problem 2 - Crashes, I have so far had the following crashes, trying to listen to a voicemail, making a phonecall, receiving a phonecall, Connecting to facebook. unlocking my phone to do something on it.
Problem 3 - Whilst on the phone the volume is very very low (I have turned it up full). One other bug which has only happened once is when I accidentally hit speaker with my cheek, I turned speaker off but the sound continued to come out of the speaker. I had to press it on and off 4-5 times before it functioned normally.
Problem 4 - When I set my alarm to go off, I couldnt actually turn the noise off. Sliding the bar didnt work and neither did the snooze button. I had to physically (consider throwing the phone off the wall) press both buttons to turn the phone off.

So all in all in the few hours I have had this update its been one bit of dissatisfaction after another. I havent tried 80% of the functions yet either.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77