Software 5.0.1? problems?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
what does this update include? i heard some people are not even updating it because it can drain your battery even more. any thoughts on what i should do and if i should get it or not?

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I had great battery life on my 4S on 5.0, almost 7 hours usage. I updated to 5.0.1 and I get 4.5 to 5 hours usage. I'd skip the upgrade to 5.0.1 unless you are having battery problems with 5.0.

Mountaineerfan

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
My battery life stinks since going to 5.0.1. It drops fast, especially when I don't use it! It sits on my desk for two hours without being touched and drops about 8%. Nothing is running in background, and nothing is pushed. All settings are the same as with 5.0, but battery life is AWFUL now!

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Just a tip from personal experience, if anyone with bad battery life has the Google+ app installed, try getting rid of it and see if your battery life improves.

I took a week off the site and had deleted the app, as well. For that week, I had very good battery life. Then I reinstalled it and noticed that my battery dropped as fast as a body in the ocean wearing cement overshoes. I had all notifications turned off, as well. I watched it for 3 days and finally deleted it, again. I'll just use the website.

It was the only thing that changed on my phone during that 3 days.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Just a tip from personal experience, if anyone with bad battery life has the Google+ app installed, try getting rid of it and see if your battery life improves.

I took a week off the site and had deleted the app, as well. For that week, I had very good battery life. Then I reinstalled it and noticed that my battery dropped as fast as a body in the ocean wearing cement overshoes. I had all notifications turned off, as well. I watched it for 3 days and finally deleted it, again. I'll just use the website.

It was the only thing that changed on my phone during that 3 days.

weird I have the google+ application installed and dont have a battery drain from it...

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
weird I have the google+ application installed and dont have a battery drain from it...

I thought it was odd, too. Especially with push notifications off. I just thought I'd throw the info out for others to try, because you never know.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought it was odd, too. Especially with push notifications off. I just thought I'd throw the info out for others to try, because you never know.

its not unheard of for a application to cause problems..

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
OMG, do I know I that, my prior phone was an Evo!!! ROFL

well android has more problems with applications because there applications are not monitored by google anyone can submit an application at any time for a small developer fee and they dont even check it before it hits the market.. apple screens all applications so there is less problems.. still bugs in software but not quite as bad..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2