does anyone else have 2, yes 2 mobile me accounts in the mail app but only one in the mail settings??
    deleted the mobile me and it took both of them out and re-added it. so far so good

That was the info I was looking for because that's the only problem I've encountered with the beta so far!

So it seems deleting and re-adding solved the duplicate mail account problem for you?! I guess I'll try that then, thanks!

BTW, why can't I access/edit my user info in the control panel?! Is that some kind of newbie restriction?! If so, I don't really see the point

- M
    06-08-2011 08:05 PM
    Has anyone tried putting the 'Newsstand' app into a folder? Seems to be the only app that refuses to get in there!? At least on my devices

- M
    06-08-2011 08:24 PM
    Has anyone tried putting the 'Newsstand' app into a folder? Seems to be the only app that refuses to get in there!? At least on my devices

- M
    Newsstand is a folder..... You can't put a folder in a folder.
    06-08-2011 08:25 PM
    Newsstand is a folder..... You can't put a folder in a folder.
    It is?! I thought it was an app, basically the same as iBooks -- just for magazines and newspapers!? Um, okay then

Thanks!

- M
    06-08-2011 09:49 PM
    It is?! I thought it was an app, basically the same as iBooks -- just for magazines and newspapers!? Um, okay then

Thanks!

- M
    It is an app... Sort of. It's unique on the iPhone. If you open it you can see that it opens like a folder, not like an app.
    06-08-2011 10:29 PM
    It is an app... Sort of. It's unique on the iPhone. If you open it you can see that it opens like a folder, not like an app.
    RightI never bothered opening it because there probably won't be any content for it any time soon, but it does open folder-like

- M
    06-08-2011 11:01 PM
    It still doesn't have custom tones. It just lets you assign Apple's tones to more stuff, unless you have found something I haven't.
    So does this beta have custom tones or no? Can you download ringtones and use as a tone for other notifications or no?

I would really like that option.
    06-09-2011 01:15 AM
    RightI never bothered opening it because there probably won't be any content for it any time soon, but it does open folder-like

- M
    I was frustrated that I couldn't stick it into a folder as dell. I guess that it makes sense if it is a folder itself.
    06-09-2011 01:28 AM
    So does this beta have custom tones or no? Can you download ringtones and use as a tone for other notifications or no?

I would really like that option.
    It is NOT there yet... there is a button labeled Buy More Tones, but it is not yet active... remember, this is iOS 5, Beta ONE...
    06-09-2011 01:40 AM
    It is NOT there yet... there is a button labeled Buy More Tones, but it is not yet active... remember, this is iOS 5, Beta ONE...
    Wait, I click on that button and I go to the ringtone store... and you can indeed buy ringtones and use them. The Library button is not active, which is what I'm assuming will let us upload our own tones, but I dunno yet as we can't try it to see.
    06-09-2011 01:49 AM
    Wait, I click on that button and I go to the ringtone store... and you can indeed buy ringtones and use them. The Library button is not active, which is what I'm assuming will let us upload our own tones, but I dunno yet as we can't try it to see.
    Sorry, I misspoke... yes you can buy phone ringers... and yes, it's the LIBRARY button that is not functional yet. My bad.
    06-09-2011 01:50 AM
    Sorry, I misspoke... yes you can buy phone ringers... and yes, it's the LIBRARY button that is not functional yet. My bad.
    Haha yeah, when the next beta comes out (providing it doesn't brick my phone LOL) that Library button is going to be the first one I try...
    06-09-2011 01:55 AM
    Any news on email account specific alerts or signatures?
    06-09-2011 10:07 AM
    hi i have ios 5 beta and cant seem to get the wireless itunes sync working i have the itunes 10.5 aswell. any ideas
    thanks
    thanks can somebody please answer this as i have the same problem i would love to able to do this somebody please help us
    THANKS
    06-09-2011 10:42 AM
    Boxcar is very annoying on iOS 5, if you tap on your twitter within the app, you can't access settings or go back to the main screen!
    06-09-2011 10:48 AM
    thanks can somebody please answer this as i have the same problem i would love to able to do this somebody please help us
    THANKS
    I had the same problem or at least I thought so -- but from what I've gathered in this forum so far the wireless iTunes Sync isn't actually enabled in this first beta release

- M
    06-09-2011 05:24 PM
    Boxcar is very annoying on iOS 5, if you tap on your twitter within the app, you can't access settings or go back to the main screen!
    I don't have that issue.

Only real "glitch" I'm having on iOS 5 is the Maps app crashes quite a bit. I use it very often, so it's highly annoying for me.

The battery is a little worse than usual. I had it at 100% when I left about 5:30. Got home around midnight and it was around 25%. Which if I use it regularly, sounds about right. However, I was at our local film festival watching indie films, not on my phone. I did tweet quite a bit. I'm curious to how the notifications are draining the battery. It's a lot of pushing going on.
    06-10-2011 03:00 AM
    i am not getting anything except stocks and weather in the notification center. i have ios5 running on a 4th gen ipod touch. what apps actually put notifications in there maybe i am doing something wrong. i tried to add an all day calendar event for today, shouldnt that show up in notification center?

- Jon
    06-10-2011 09:51 AM
    i am not getting anything except stocks and weather in the notification center. i have ios5 running on a 4th gen ipod touch. what apps actually put notifications in there maybe i am doing something wrong. i tried to add an all day calendar event for today, shouldnt that show up in notification center?

- Jon
    Hey Jon, did you go to settings/notifications and make sure the apps that you would like notifications for are actually enabled?
    jon01 likes this.
    06-10-2011 10:17 AM
    yep. everything is set to ON for notification center and lock screen (though ive heard lock screen doesnt work well if at all). should that calendar event show up?
    06-10-2011 10:23 AM
    yep. everything is set to ON for notification center and lock screen (though ive heard lock screen doesnt work well if at all). should that calendar event show up?
    My lockscreen works great, and calendar events show up. Maybe try a restore?
    jon01 likes this.
    06-10-2011 10:27 AM
    yeah i was thinking i need to do a restore. unfortunately i use pcs at work so it has to wait till tonight i just got this ipod touch 4th gen yesterday and put ios5 on it. i knew it wouldnt be that easy

- Jon
    06-10-2011 10:29 AM
    I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    06-10-2011 11:32 AM
    I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    They are listed under settings/general/Accessibility
    06-10-2011 11:40 AM
    They are listed under settings/general/Accessibility
    Yes, I checked under Accessibility, and I see nothing that says vibrate or LED.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 11:43 AM
138 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD