Whitestone dome glass Apple Watch 5 44 mm

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Hello everybody
I recently purchased a Whitestone screen protector for my watch.
I installed the glass. It is indeed the best fitting glass among the ones I have tried so far.
The problem is with the aluminum protector that comes with the glass.
I recently noticed that in the edges of the aluminum protector my watch appears scratched and dented.
It is obvious that the problem occurs from the direct contact of the protector with the aluminum body of the watch.
There is no lining between. IMG_1380.JPGIMG_1374.JPGIMG_1372.JPG
I contacted Whitestone and they replied with canned messages that I should contact Apple instead.
Has anyone experienced something similar?
I am open to suggestions because I purchased a product to protect my expensive watch and instead it was damaged by the product itself.
The damages are all around exactly where the protector ends but I cannot get very clear pictures of all angles.

Thank you

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? From what I can tell, the damage is not to the Watch, but to the aluminum protector you mentioned that came with the protective glass covering.

Can you not remove both the protective covering and the aluminum protector that came with it?

If the Watch is indeed damaged, the damages didn’t occur until you applied the protective glass and aluminum protector and therefore you should continue to reach out to the maker of the product. It is their product and not Apple’s.....in my opinion, of course.

akavbb

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Thank you for your answer.
Of course the damage is to the watch by the aluminum protector.
I reached out repeatedly but they ignored me.
It can be easily identified that damages are consistent with protector outline and shape.

Nevertheless people in the form should be informed in order to protect their watches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice