My Take on the 12 Pro

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I received my new Blue 128 iPhone 12 Pro on Monday of this week. When first holding the device in my hand, it felt solid and a little on the heavy side, but for me, that’s a good build quality sign.

I powered the device up, restored from a backup of my iPhone 11 Pro and in about 30 minutes, I was up and running. I did noticed the restore process seemed a lot faster then previous device restores, but that could have been some of the issues fixed in OS 14.

The first thing I noticed was how crisp and sharp the new screen was and the device has more zip and faster screen response then my 11 Pro did, but that’s to be expected on a new and improved model.

As far as build quality and finish, this device just feels solid and yes, I do like the squared off edges because I have always said the iPhone 5 was one of my favorite devices and the forum factor was perfect for me.

The new 12 Pro just oozes quality, from the finish to the way it feels in my hand. The size of the 12 Pro is about as far as I am willing to go, I just can’t use the MAX series devices anymore because they hurt my hand when I use them for long periods of time, it’s just an age thing, we all get there one day.

I am on T Mobile 5G and I have noticed a big difference in how quick the new 5G works in terms of loading web pages and downloading content to my device compared to 4G LTE. I don’t watch movies or play games on my device m, so I can’t review those speed issues.

The call quality of the 12 Pro is on par with what my 11 Pro was and the voices are clear and crisp. I haven’t had any dropped calls here in the Jacksonville area.

I have been using the device naked for the past few days and I do find the device feels a little slippery because of the finish, it probably just me being cautious until I get my new Apple leather case on Friday.

Using the 12 Pro for a few days now and I have adapted to the device quite well. I have seen where other folks where disappointed and have taken theirs back. But for me, I like the new design and it was worth upgrading from from 11 Pro and I am not looking back.

Raneciansamaiya

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Glad you are liking your new device! I'm coming from 11 Pro Max to 12 Pro Max!!! Got my cases in the mail recently and I love the size! Also I couldn't only imagine how good on three hand the phone will feel. I read some people don't like the sharpness of the edges... I will ALWAYS have a case on, hardly to never rock my phones naked. I'm always dropping things lol Can't wait to receive mine tomorrow! Enjoyed reading your review!!!

joemontana57

Oct 20, 2020
Visit site
This is the first iPhone I've ever had , and I absolutely love it! I agree with everything you day about the build quality.
I come from a Samsung Galaxy S9+
Before that I had a Galaxy S6 , a Galaxy S4, and a Samsung Charge. However after having an iPhone I don't see myself going back to an Android.
I miss the ability to customize (iOS 14 allows some but only some)

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
This is the first iPhone I've ever had , and I absolutely love it! I agree with everything you day about the build quality.
I come from a Samsung Galaxy S9+
Before that I had a Galaxy S6 , a Galaxy S4, and a Samsung Charge. However after having an iPhone I don't see myself going back to an Android.
I miss the ability to customize (iOS 14 allows some but only some)

I have been in both the IOS and Android worlds since the early days and before that I was a Blackberry junkie. I agree about the customization of Android, but I like the simplicity and ease of IOS and the support is second to none.

IOS 14 bought major improvements to IOS and I only see it getting better over time. Glad to have you aboard.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Glad you are liking your new device! I'm coming from 11 Pro Max to 12 Pro Max!!! Got my cases in the mail recently and I love the size! Also I couldn't only imagine how good on three hand the phone will feel. I read some people don't like the sharpness of the edges... I will ALWAYS have a case on, hardly to never rock my phones naked. I'm always dropping things lol Can't wait to receive mine tomorrow! Enjoyed reading your review!!!

I love the phone but the edges are a little sharp and I feel like it’s slippery. I just got my Apple leather case today and it makes the phone feel perfect. No sharp edges anymore and minimal bulk. Makes the phone feel great.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I have the graphite 512GB iPhone 12 Pro and I love it. I played around with the 12 Pro Max and I hated how big it is. I'd rather take a little hit on battery life for a smaller phone. According to MKBHD, the camera on the 12 Pro Max isn't any better than the 12 Pro so I'm not missing anything there.

I'm glad you like your device!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the graphite 512GB iPhone 12 Pro and I love it. I played around with the 12 Pro Max and I hated how big it is. I'd rather take a little hit on battery life for a smaller phone. According to MKBHD, the camera on the 12 Pro Max isn't any better than the 12 Pro so I'm not missing anything there.

I'm glad you like your device!

Thanks, I am excited about what the mini is going to look like.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77