Issues with App Store

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Ever since I got my iPhone 8 Plus I have been having an issue with updates in the App Store. They won’t appear in my App Store but when I drag down to refresh and it showed up on my updates. The App Store is messed up and I don’t know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bcf9256aff2f81f1742531a47576230a.jpg

ebb7c8d3b27dea629fe3c076142d1a64.jpg

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
It’s not the auto update so much as having to drag down to refresh to see if I even have any updates in the first place that is annoying. Even going to the app itself doesn’t say there is an update available

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It’s true that you have to pull down to refresh, which is annoying. I got used to pull down in most apps anyway that it doesn’t bother me anymore.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I have auto update turned off because I only want apps to update when I'm connected to the internet at home, or secure wifi at work or family members' homes.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The App Store should show which apps have a new update without having to pull down to refresh. That’s how it used to be

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The App Store should show which apps have a new update without having to pull down to refresh. That’s how it used to be

I don’t have auto update turned on. My comments have NOTHING to do with auto update

I hear you.
While some respondents are confusing the auto update with ‘refreshing’ the AppStore Update section to see if an app has an update is the case here, the truth is that AppStore doesn’t refresh anymore, every time you open the app. Whether it’s broken or intended, it’s something you should report either as feedback or bug report.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I hear you.
While some respondents are confusing the auto update with ‘refreshing’ the AppStore Update section to see if an app has an update is the case here, the truth is that AppStore doesn’t refresh anymore, every time you open the app. Whether it’s broken or intended, it’s something you should report either as feedback or bug report.

I think you are one of the only people who knows what I am talking about lol. At least I know it’s not just me experiencing this bug. Thanks for letting me know :)

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine showed me I had updates yesterday, and when I got on wifi I updated them. So it does check, just don't think it checks that often, otherwise people would be complaining their battery life is suffering from constant hits on the App Store ;)

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Mine shows updates all the time, and once in awhile it will auto update my apps. Be sure background refresh is enabled for it. I also allow the app store to use cellular data, although I doubt that makes any difference.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed my badge. I’ll leave it and see if they update on their own.
7d6a6826e3c9499cbc2791f7a8b156e9.jpg

Edit: put it on WiFi and just checked, the badge is gone.

Last edited:

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Mine shows updates all the time, and once in awhile it will auto update my apps. Be sure background refresh is enabled for it. I also allow the app store to use cellular data, although I doubt that makes any difference.

How do you background refresh for the App Store? I’m getting frustrated at not knowing if I have updates

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You’re lucky. My badge doesn’t show when I have updates anymore. I have to refresh in the App Store for it to tell me if I have updates or not

Stop refreshing and let it do its thing. If I check repeatedly it will show updates. It doesn’t work like a push notification immediately.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Stop refreshing and let it do its thing. If I check repeatedly it will show updates. It doesn’t work like a push notification immediately.

Right, this is my experience as well. It seems that the App Store checks for updates periodically, not continuously. However, I agree that under iOS 10 and iOS 9, as I recall, if I went into the updates tab in the App Store it would check to see if there were more updates since the last check. In iOS 11, this doesn't happen (IIRC) unless I pull to refresh.

I have no desire to have my apps update as soon as they are available; that's just my choice. And I am ok with the App Store not continuously checking for updates, too. I understand why people dislike this behavior, though.

razza1987

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Exactly. It doesn’t show the updates at all unless you pull to refresh. I would like it to go back to how it used to be where it would say there was a new update without having to pull to refresh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2