Voice mail transcribe

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my note for the last couple months but loaded iOS 10 on my 6s plus. Is voice mail transcribe working right now? If so is this a feature that can be disabled by carriers? I've always paid for the visual voicemail on android and I'm excited for this on iPhone was just looking for some info on it. Thanks.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been using my note for the last couple months but loaded iOS 10 on my 6s plus. Is voice mail transcribe working right now? If so is this a feature that can be disabled by carriers? I've always paid for the visual voicemail on android and I'm excited for this on iPhone was just looking for some info on it. Thanks.

It may be a carrier dependent feature like Visual Voicemail is now on the iPhone. It may be a feature that is added to the VVM server on the carrier end. I haven't heard much about the inner workings of it yet.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
I understand that Visual Voice Mail is at it's heart a bastardised IMAP4 implementation, meaning that your voicemail is basically a audio file that exists in a mailbox. Given Apple's strong stance on security, specifically differential, it is not beyond belief that your phone would download the message, process it locally (possibly using Siri online services, like normal voice commands), meaning it wouldn't be "another" opportunity for your telco to charge you.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I understand that Visual Voice Mail is at it's heart a bastardised IMAP4 implementation, meaning that your voicemail is basically a audio file that exists in a mailbox. Given Apple's strong stance on security, specifically differential, it is not beyond belief that your phone would download the message, process it locally (possibly using Siri online services, like normal voice commands), meaning it wouldn't be "another" opportunity for your telco to charge you.

Sounds possible.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This I would like to see! for me to add the Voicemail to Text from my carrier is $5 a month and I refuse to pay that. so now this would do the same and be free. Carriers that charge for this will not be happy! lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2