Off Topic - A friend of mine is in dire straits -- donations are much appreciated!!!

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
Hey all, Andrew Wray here. I'm a full-time writer for TiPb (you can see my posts here: http://www.tipb.com/author/andrew-wray/ and I have a friend who's in serious need of medical funds to help with her current situation...

Guys (and gals) please, take a moment to read through this story, and donate if at all possible. This is a personal friend that is going through an extremely difficult time, and she is currently uninsured. There's a Paypal account we've setup to accept donations ( lindzeea@hotmail.com ) if you aren't near Bountiful, UT or have no means to travel down to Jay's where donations are being doubled for each dollar donated. As well, if you don't have the ability to wire-transfer donations to USBank, the Paypal account will work just fine. I, and many others, would appreciate it. (see comment below for details). Thank you.

On August 16th, Chelsee Malibu Anderton, 26 yrs old and a new mommy, got a blood clot in her lung due to a blood disorder called DIC that was caused by her pregnancy. She went into cardiac arrest and passed. Thankfully Gary (her firefighter/emt and live-in boyfriend) had just gotten home and immediately started CPR and she was down for an hour before the doctor called the time of death. They tried one more med and her heart started again. 2 days later an hour after surgery to put a filter in her heart to catch the blood clots she had 2 blood clots split and go into each lung causing cardiac arrest and she died again for a full 15 minutes. The Dr's did a brain scan and told us she didn't have enough brain waves to come out of a vegetative state (coma). We weren't going to give up. She kept bleeding out no matter how much plasma and blood they gave her. Finally 2 weeks in she was bleeding out from every output channel of her body and was life flighted from Lakeview Hospital in Bountifu, UT to St. Marks where she immediately went into surgery, where they found she had a dead spot in her stomach that caused her to bleed from an artery they clamped and she has not had problem with bleeding anymore. From the trauma caused to her brain her liver and kidneys completely shut down and she was not a candidate for a transplant because of her poor health. 6 weeks later they started to function again, however, thank goodness. She also has a permanent pace maker in place now.. She woke up 2 days before her baby turned 1! Due to being in a coma for so long she lost all muscle function in her body and has been doing PT to build it back up, and she will walk again, but it's going to be a long road to get her there. She needs leg braces to help her walk and insurance does not cover them. She has short term memory loss, but it improves daily. Another blessing from God, no doubt.

Chelsee has now been diagnosed with Prolonged QT Syndrome (a serious heart disorder), Bartter/Giltelmans Syndrome (brought on from pregnancy) and DIC (disseminated intravascualr coagulation) which causes the body to bleed and clot causing additional blood clots in the body. All she ever wanted was to be a loving mother, but along with her beautifull little boy she received a death sentence that she has fought so very hard and conquered. She has been released to come back home to finish her recovery after 3 long months in the hospital. Chelsee was uninsured and they have also had to do upgrades to the house in order for her to be checked off from the physical rehab center and to return home. She has since been admitted back into the hospital just 4 days ago, and 2 nights ago her SUV (the only way to transport her with her wheelchair) was repossessed by the bank because of extremely high medical costs, however her boyfriend drained their bank account to get the SUV back successfully.

They are really struggling without insurance. We have opened an account at USbank for her it's in the name "Chelsee Anderton Fund". If you're unable to conduct a wire-transfer to USBank, we've also setup donations (via Paypal) under lindzeea@hotmail.com -- please consider donating.

Thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to read this, and if you're able to donate, I cannot tell you how much it's appreciated.

Chelsee%2BAnderton.jpg

Last edited:

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You are very welcome! If everyone on TiPb would just give the cost of a coffee, (Starbucks price!) we could really make a difference for this woman and her family. I can't begin to imagine how hard this has been for them. Andrew, YOU are indeed a blessing to them and it was the least I could do. Merry Christmas!

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
Re: Where are the donations going to be doubled from?

Jay's Tire Pro's -- Jay's Tire Pros Bountiful, UT (801) 397-2707

It's a local tire shop in Bountiful, Utah. Jay himself is personally doubling every.single.dollar we get donated, but only until Friday. After Friday, he will no longer be doubling the donations that come in.

Very respectable joint, I've had my car serviced there a handful of times.

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
(Chelsee is a local to Bountiful, Utah. I grew up there. Just moved out of Bountiful and into the City (Salt Lake City, Utah, about 15 miles away) only a month and a half ago.)

iRoo

Sep 21, 2010
www.twitter.com
Giving freely without expecting anything in return... Such a valued attribute to hold. Thank you guys, seriously. She appreciates every last penny. This is such a great help!!! #meanssomuch

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2