People #CancelSpotify as it ditches Neil Young songs over a Joe Rogan spat

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
First, good for Neil for standing up for his beliefs. I saw him in concert back in the 80’s and he is quite the rocker! Had a great time.

It appears Spotify is complying with his request. That is their decision and I’m ok with that. I’m not a Spotify user.

Lastly, it’s statistically true that while vaccinated people can still catch Covid that it can reduce severity, hospitalization and death. We have data to prove that and I also see it with my own eyes every day.

I hope the dying, suffering and division ends soon.

AMEN to that…. :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I grew up with a clear understanding that there are always two sides. There's left and right, front and back, up and down, in and out - you get the picture. With that being said, if we remember that there will always be people who see things differently then conversations like this will be easier to deal with in my opinion because it's normal. Those with a different viewpoint or have a viewpoint that's different from what's "popular" aren't crazy, stupid, or any other negative insult placed on them. They simply have a different perspective. Think of autism.

Kids tend to only see what's in progress whereas parents see the outcome. Some people are naturally curious and will instinctively question everything in hopes of finding the truth "for themselves" whereas others just accepts what's been made known to them. There's nothing wrong with either. It's just how it is.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Years ago, during a presidential election here in the US, a coworker was in my office and noticed a sheet of stickers for one of the candidates on my desk. She was horrified and asked if they were mine. I said yes, and she muttered "and I thought I liked you" as she hurried out of my office. I was hurt and bewildered. The good news is, that over time, through lots of conversation, and growing mutual respect, we became quite good friends. It took work, understanding, and maturity. We still don't agree on politics, but we can have good conversations and we can learn from each other. We really aren't that much different and as I look back, I realize that it was a valuable experience.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I don’t like Neil Young and don’t do podcasts, I shall stay unmoved. I don’t like political moves by celebs.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’ve never used Spotify or any other streaming service I prefer to buy the music that I either owned and lost or want the songs in a better audio quality.

I stand by Neil Young and supported him today by buying

Ohio
Helpless
Heart of Gold
The Needle and the Damage

From the iTunes Store

Already have good quality tracks of

Sugar Mountain
Southern Man
Horse with no Name

I’m more a Song Lover than an Artist Junkie it’s rare that I would buy a whole Album these days like in the past when sometimes you didn’t have a choice

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well I don’t like Neil Young and don’t do podcasts, I shall stay unmoved. I don’t like political moves by celebs.

It has nothing to do with politics. One political party used it to rally support to ignore the pandemic. But it is not inherently political. It’s moral but it also speaks to the survivability of our species. It looks like we weren’t as advanced as we thought we were.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
And if anyone has used Spotify’s app they’d be aware that they don’t take podcasts that seriously judging by their 2008 UI.

Aside from all the the little women fights going on regarding this stupid issue, I’m glad it’s putting Spotify under the light a bit more. I hope they address their horrible app.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
And if anyone has used Spotify’s app they’d be aware that they don’t take podcasts that seriously judging by their 2008 UI.

Aside from all the the little women fights going on regarding this stupid issue, I’m glad it’s putting Spotify under the light a bit more. I hope they address their horrible app.

The discussion lacks the masculinity you seek? I don’t like Spotify for sound or UI either. I wasn’t subscribing to them when this went down for those reasons alone. But this adds another along with their constant whining about apple.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The discussion lacks the masculinity you seek?

Not this discussion. The whole Joe Rogan and his people versus the people who disagree with whatever dumb things Joe Rogan spews and want him de-platformed. Joe Rogan can say whatever he wants and people who don’t agree with him can try whatever heroics they want.

To me it’s a bunch of girls doing things for affirmation and validation to whatever side they’re on.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It’s not a difference of opinion. Rogan is a liar spreading dangerous lies that can get people killed. Spotify wants money and clearly doesn’t care if they have to help spread lies to get more of it. Neil doesn’t want to be tied to that. The people cancelling on twitter don’t want to be part of that. I don’t want to be part of that.

EXACTLY this right here...PERIOD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll