People #CancelSpotify as it ditches Neil Young songs over a Joe Rogan spat

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
This all seems pretty cut and dry. Neil Young seems to be a man of principle. I have the utmost respect for someone who doesn't let a dollar influence them. If the entity handing you a dollar goes against your principles, what does it say if you continue to accept that dollar? We have to stand for something, right?

So I like what Neil is doing. He's pulling his music away and refusing to do business with an entity that doesn't align with his principles.

And Spotify is right in complying with his request. That's what they should have done.

And users are right to leave Spotify if they disagree with Spotifys positions or if they don't enjoy Spotifys catalog.

Nothing here really NEEDS to be political. Spotify is a platform that allows a range of opinions and perspectives. Some of those I agree with. Some I don't. Do I believe they should provide Joe Rogan a platform? I don't know. I don't think I care either. I'm not listening to the man. Beyond his covid stance, I'm not a fan of his statements regarding people of color. Seems odd that we only care about Rogan when its about covid misinformation. Never mind the fact the man called his experience in a predominately black movie theater like walking into the "planet of the apes". But that's another topic.

Spotify won't get my money though. I believe in their right to support and provide a platform to whoever they choose. But I'm supporting our right to not support any of them. And I hope both Spotify and Joe crumble because that would mean the majority ALSO doesn't agree with the messaging Rogan has been putting out. And to me THAT is the win. When we as a society come together and speak with our wallets and tell the market we don't support those vile statements. We shouldn't need an organization to "silence" (even though nobody is being silenced imo) anyone. We shouldn't listen to them to begin with.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That’s your argument? People lie a lot so it’s ok and you’re going to mask it as opinion? You’re going to completely ignore the fact that his lies contribute to people dying? I’m going to go on record as saying there is a difference between falsely telling me your detergent makes my sheets the softest and falsely telling me a life saving vaccine being offered during a pandemic is a hoax and harmful to me.

Who, exactly, has died because of a Joe Rogan Podcast? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a very long time! If you don't agree with him, you don't have to tune in to his Podcasts. Simple!

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Who, exactly, has died because of a Joe Rogan Podcast? That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a very long time! If you don't agree with him, you don't have to tune in to his Podcasts. Simple!

I find people like Joe Rogan, who says what he says just to make both money and a name for himself, a lowlife. I guess certain people find him entertaining and that’s fine. It takes all types.

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site

I certainly agree with your last statement. As well as not giving my money to the platform that provides a stage for him. Looks like we’re all good.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geas34