People #CancelSpotify as it ditches Neil Young songs over a Joe Rogan spat

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Everyone has their own views about what is being said and the reactions to it. For those who don’t want to be a part of Spotify because it is opting not to silence a man for his views then good for them. For those who agree with the man’s views or those who chose to keep their subscription and ignore the man’s views then good for them, too.

Views and lies are two different things in my opinion D.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
What proof do you offer that Rogan and his guest are lying?

cf2c08319a5d15fec8d0a5bd37ab0d1c.png

The spreading of misinformation is known as lying. What do you call it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Views and lies are two different things in my opinion D.

No doubt about it sir, but I’ve learned over the years that one viewpoint, especially one that goes against what is popular, is almost always concluded as being either a lie or misinformation.

The article doesn’t state specifically what Joe has said about the vaccines and yet the article could lead a reader to conclude Joe to be the bad guy and Spotify to be in favor of the bad guy.

With that being said, Joe or anyone else should be able to voice their viewpoint.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As for misinformation, if someone were to get on TV or radio and say everyone should decide for themselves whether taking the vaccine is a good idea or not because taking the vaccine does not guarantee you won’t get covid and it doesn’t guarantee you won’t die from it, that person would arguably be vilified and accused of spreading misinformation even though the spoken statement in and of itself is factual.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No doubt about it sir, but I’ve learned over the years that one viewpoint, especially one that goes against what is popular, is almost always concluded as being either a lie or misinformation.

The article doesn’t state specifically what Joe has said about the vaccines and yet the article could lead a reader to conclude Joe to be the bad guy and Spotify to be in favor of the bad guy.

With that being said, Joe or anyone else should be able to voice their viewpoint.

I've also learned over the years (and I think I'm older than you), just because it's a popular lie, doesn't mean it's not a lie.
Viewpoint is different.
Example ; I think the color of that room is blue where you might say it looks Navy Blue to you, that's a viewpoint. Well the room isn't orange because that would be a lie.

With that being said, it's OK to have a viewpoint or opinion, however don't knowingly give misinformation or lie to make sense of information you know nothing about.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
As for misinformation, if someone were to get on TV or radio and say everyone should decide for themselves whether taking the vaccine is a good idea or not because taking the vaccine does not guarantee you won’t get covid and it doesn’t guarantee you won’t die from it, that person would arguably be vilified and accused of spreading misinformation even though the spoken statement in and of itself is factual.

...but that's already been said. However it's also been said that the chances of dying with Covid-19 if you have the vaccine are much slimmer than if you don't have the vaccine.

Bottom line Joe passed on misinformation and lied.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...but that's already been said. However it's also been said that the chances of dying with Covid-19 if you have the vaccine are much slimmer than if you don't have the vaccine.

Go into any local drug store, GNC and Vitamin Shoppe and read all of the claims listed on the labels of the products therein of which have not been verified by the FDA. Are the unverified claims misinformation/lies especially if the people who have taken the products not benefitted or have not experienced what the label stated they would. If so, should the makers of those products be targeted and put out of business? A lie is a lie right?… :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Go into any local drug store, GNC and Vitamin Shoppe and read all of the claims listed on the labels of the products therein of which have not been verified by the FDA. Are the unverified claims misinformation/lies especially if the people who have taken the products not benefitted or have not experienced what the label stated they would. If so, should the makers of those products be targeted and put out of business? A lie is a lie right?… :)

...and Sir that right there is what's wrong with America. It's OK to LIE and say it's a viewpoint when it's not a viewpoint at all. It's a LIE.
Telling the truth has become obsolete where as lying is more accepted. Sad but true.
Is telling half truths or half stories the same as lying? In my opinion...yes.
My question is do you lead by example and tell the truth or follow the herd and condone lying?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...and Sir that right there is what's wrong with America. It's OK to LIE and say it's a viewpoint when it's not a viewpoint at all. It's a LIE.
Telling the truth has become obsolete where as lying is more accepted. Sad but true.
My question is do you lead by example and tell the truth or follow the herd and condone lying?

Just so we’re clear, I’m not condoning lying. I don’t know precisely what Joe stated about vaccines that has caused Neil to ask Spotify to remove his music from its service and neither did the article state what was said specifically.

Politicians, advertisers, and every day people lie and yes lying is wrong. Period. Yet, we’re either going to go after everyone for lying or go after no one if we’re being fair about it.

Now for your question to me, my answer is lead by example.

With that being said, it game time…. :)

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Just so we’re clear, I’m not condoning lying. I don’t know precisely what Joe stated about vaccines that has caused Neil to ask Spotify to remove his music from its service and neither did the article state what was said specifically.

Politicians, advertisers, and every day people lie and yes lying is wrong. Period. Yet, we’re either going to go after everyone for lying or go after no one if we’re being fair about it.

Now for your question to me, my answer is lead by example.

With that being said, it game time…. :)

20757d3eab0cbf9a72a2128b20be07da.jpg

I hear you. LOL

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Bottom line. If you don’t believe something then it’s a lie. That’s not actually how it works.

Tell me what lies have been told.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Bottom line. If you don’t believe something then it’s a lie. That’s not actually how it works.

Tell me what lies have been told.

You are correct that's not how it works, so obviously the misinformation and/or lies was enough for people to recognize it. My question to you is, why don't you?
188cb25ef6290b0aef174170bc29a518.png

Up_And_Away

Aug 27, 2021
Visit site
"The CDC and government never said the vaccine would guarantee your surviving exposure."

That is outright, not debatable, incorrect. I'd start with that the head of the U.S. government said to cameras that if you get the vaccine you won't get covid. Period, full stop, that was said. And that's just one of a number of examples.

Me and you have likely grown up at different times in the world. For me, I grew up in a time when you always questioned what the TV said, what government said, what big business said. It didn't mean they were outright wrong but it definitely meant always questioning them. Part of that questioning was outright discussion of even uncomfortable topics, even some that were wacky. It's how we attempted to keep power in check. IMHO power always must be kept in check. Seemingly you don't believe this so you must believe what you believe. But when you adamantly say 'what they say is right, that's it, don't question that, shut them up' (especially as your own post included an absolute statement that is absolutely incorrect), we will be opposite sides of the argument.
Peace...

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
"The CDC and government never said the vaccine would guarantee your surviving exposure."

That is outright, not debatable, incorrect. I'd start with that the head of the U.S. government said to cameras that if you get the vaccine you won't get covid. Period, full stop, that was said. And that's just one of a number of examples.

Me and you have likely grown up at different times in the world. For me, I grew up in a time when you always questioned what the TV said, what government said, what big business said. It didn't mean they were outright wrong but it definitely meant always questioning them. Part of that questioning was outright discussion of even uncomfortable topics, even some that were wacky. It's how we attempted to keep power in check. IMHO power always must be kept in check. Seemingly you don't believe this so you must believe what you believe. But when you adamantly say 'what they say is right, that's it, don't question that, shut them up' (especially as your own post included an absolute statement that is absolutely incorrect), we will be opposite sides of the argument.
Peace...

Who are you addressing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice