iCloud Backup Issue

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Updated to iOS10.3 beta last month, then today, when i noticed a new version of iOS10.3 was available, I went to do an iCloud backup, but it keeps telling me "The last backup could not be completed." which was on 1/24/17.

I've tried running a backup through iTunes to my computer and I get an error message saying "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "mYiPhone" because an error occurred."

Anyone have this problem? iPhone 6s.
I even updated to the most recent 10.3 beta, thinking that would solve the problem, but no go.

Now I cant backup with either iCloud or iTunes! Yikes!!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Whenever I've ran into this issue I delete the backup that's currently in iCloud and then try the backup again which begins to work again.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I've ran into this issue I delete the backup that's currently in iCloud and then try the backup again which begins to work again.

tried that, and still no go. Nothing seems to work. I have a backup from 10.2.1 right before I went to 10.3, so at least I have that if I need to go back, or things go south.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well the latest 10.3 v5 beta, I'm at least able to do a backup via iTunes. Now when I try and run a backup using iCloud via my phone, it gives me an error saying I dont have enough storage space on iCloud. I deleted the latest backup, which then said I have 5GB of my 5GB available, then tried to run a backup again... error saying could not backup because of lack of storage.

So I unchecked all but 2 or 3 apps to back up and tried again.. no go.

Now.. I look at my storage, and it says used 1.01 GB of 5 GB... so perhaps it did do the backup but for some reason keeps giving me an error?

i'm stumped at this point.