Official iTunes Match beta thread

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Anyone trying out iTunes Match? How's it working for you? Any comparison between Amazon Cloud Locker and Google Music Beta? Discuss away!

eriktimmons

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
iTunes Match

iTunes spent all night reviewing my library. I woke up this morning hoping that all my music would be available everywhere I go... There was an error in iTunes and when I clicked okay iTunes started the process over, maybe it will work this time...

clayface

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well, not impressed. I got the same error as above, and when I attempt to listen to music, it lags, plays different music than what is on the screen, I've even seen songs that aren't mine playing....for $25 they better get this straightened out real quick like...

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No errors here, just took it awhile. I did have errors last night though. Anyways, it works good enough. My libraries are in sync, but the music match shows many unknown artists and missing album cover art. I am going to go back and double check the tags on my local music library to see if that's the issue with the unknown artists.

<update> Yes I had to update a few of the tags.

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
When I click on the iTunes match icon it tells me that it iTunes match has been rolled out to a limited number of developers, and to check back as they will roll it out to more in the coming days.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ok I keep getting an error, its error (-42092). If i hit ok, it keeps gathering data. it will come up a few times after hit gets to step two for matching, then it will halt about 1/3 way throu.

I am running the most current beta.

there is one possible issue, but I just dont think its that. I am running my itunes on an old apple tv that installed a copy of snowlion on. I have a pretty large library, but I do have it connected directly to my router and its not using wifi

anyone else having the same issue? any suggestions?

I can see my library on my iphone, but the majority of stuff is grayed out, which I assume means, it has not sync.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
ok, I did get it working. It was working flawlessly but ever since I upgraded to an iPhone 4s, I have not been able to get my 4s to sync with the iTunes Match. My iPad 2 is working with no problems.

Could it be that I am not running a beta or GM on my iphone 4s? I did provision my iPhone 4s.

anyone else have running in issues syncing a 4s to iTunes Match?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Remember they turned off iTunes Match right before iCloud went live. I don't recall notification that they had re-enabled it.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Remember they turned off iTunes Match right before iCloud went live. I don't recall notification that they had re-enabled it.

humm it works on my iPad no problem. They did enable it after the reset iTunes Match.

I just pulled a song off the cloud from my library.

Just cant get my new iPhone 4s to sync.

rj5570

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Infact, I was able to pull down a song that is not in iTunes. Its a Jerry Garcia Band show from 1993-11-5 that is not available on iTunes. So not only am I able to pull down songs that were synced to iTunes that are available to iTunes, I can pull down songs that were uploaded to the cloud. all on my iPad 2, but not on my 4s.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I have iTunes 10.5.1 beta and iTunes match is enabled it has uploaded my library but on my iPad the iTunes on switch keeps turning itself off and therefore none of my music in iTunes match is available.. Any solution?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2