Does iOS have any advantages or otherwise over Android in smartphone?
    09-07-2019 06:11 AM
    Depending on your wants, needs and expectations, iOS could have advantages over Android and vice versa.
    Spencerdl, Lee_Bo, imwjl and 2 others like this.
    09-07-2019 07:14 AM
    If you do an internet search you’ll probably find 30,000 articles about this subject.
    It is highly subjective and depends on what you are looking for in a smartphone. I would visit both iMore and Android Central to learn as much as you can and come to your own conclusion.
    Golurk, bakron1, vimagreg and 4 others like this.
    09-07-2019 07:45 AM
    Welcome to iMore. As said in the previous posts, it depends on what you're looking for in a smartphone. Enjoy and feel free to join in on the many discussions on iMore.
    09-07-2019 07:50 AM
    You may want to find people you know who like one or the other and ask them to show you the differences. Try YouTube too.
    09-07-2019 01:55 PM
    To me personally the only advantage I see to iOS is the consistency of updates. That said others could argue it’s easy to have consistent OS upgrades when there’s only one manufacturer and they’d rather have the choice between Samsung, Google, OnePlus, LG, and so on. All goes back to subjectivity and personal preference like most are saying.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-07-2019 03:15 PM
    Subjective question made only to create flame. It depends on user, and anything else.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-07-2019 05:06 PM
    This is the general perception, having visited both AC and iMore:

Advantages of iOS:

-Slightly more secure
    -4/5 year update support instead of 3
    -Slightly easier to use (depending on which Android skin you’re comparing it to)

Advantages of Android:

-Much more customisable + more choice
    -Many phones to choose from
    -Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper

But at the end of the day, it’s up to you and what you want or need.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-08-2019 05:21 AM
    This is the general perception, having visited both AC and iMore:

Advantages of iOS:

-Slightly more secure
    -4/5 year update support instead of 3
    -Slightly easier to use (depending on which Android skin you’re comparing it to)

Advantages of Android:

-Much more customisable + more choice
    -Many phones to choose from
    -Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper

But at the end of the day, it’s up to you and what you want or need.
    Funny how when you list advantages of IOS, you throw in things like (instead of 3) or (depending on which skin).
    But not when talking about Android.

- Much more customizable + choice
    true, but in my opinion the more customizable, the more buggy.

- Many phones to choose from.
    Also true, but forgot to mention from different manufacturers, software tends to run different on
    devices, versing Apple makes software and phones. In my opinion makes a better fit.

- Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper (opinion)
    For me if you give me a choice between any Android or iPhone,
    Im walking away with an iPhone.
    09-08-2019 07:33 AM
    Funny how when you list advantages of IOS, you throw in things like (instead of 3) or (depending on which skin).
    But not when talking about Android.

- Much more customizable + choice
    true, but in my opinion the more customizable, the more buggy.

- Many phones to choose from.
    Also true, but forgot to mention from different manufacturers, software tends to run different on
    devices, versing Apple makes software and phones. In my opinion makes a better fit.

- Generally Android phones have better value/cheaper (opinion)
    For me if you give me a choice between any Android or iPhone,
    Im walking away with an iPhone.
    I’m just listing the general opinion. Android isn’t buggy at all though. You might prefer Apple, but I’m listing the facts here, not opinions...though at the end of the day, it’s his choice.
    09-08-2019 08:59 AM
    I’m just listing the general opinion. Android isn’t buggy at all though. You might prefer Apple, but I’m listing the facts here, not opinions...though at the end of the day, it’s his choice.
    Not fact, based on what your and others opinions are on devices. You don't think Android devices are buggy, based on your opinion and other reviewers. Its an individual perspective based on their opinion. My opinion is they are, and have friends with Android devices that love them. but state they can be laggy and buggy, again its an opinion.

And your correct at the end of the day it is his choice, everyone else on this thread replied to him without trying to lead him in a certain direction.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-08-2019 09:38 AM
    I have to have both platforms working in an enterprise so can't be the fan boy or girl many are. First, top tier hardware makes a difference. You only have that with Apple.

There are some Android solutions that because of a different model make some more development options more readily available or easier for the developer but the support is not always as consistent. I have dozens each of Android and Apple mobile in the enterprise. It is rare when I have to work with our Apple app developers the way I have regular support incidents with the Android developer.

When the apps are much the same or consistent for both platforms we have less support with Apple. The why is easily explained by our HR platform app or Office 365 apps the whole enterprise uses. The mix of Android phones and their not always with great support has caused issues the generally consistent iPhones don't have.
    iwoodland and taz323 like this.
    09-08-2019 09:45 AM
    Not facts, but opinions. Enough of this "backdoor" Trolling. I'm sure you will be happy on our sister site Android Central ...Thanks
    ladyc0524, scruffypig and taz323 like this.
    09-08-2019 11:05 AM
    Subjective question made only to create flame. It depends on user, and anything else.
    EXACTLY this. The OP never returned.
    scruffypig, ladyc0524 and taz323 like this.
    09-08-2019 11:08 AM
    Not facts, but opinions. Enough of this "backdoor" Trolling. I'm sure you will be happy on our sister site Android Central ...Thanks
    (Sigh)
    09-08-2019 11:09 AM
    Please don’t speak for all Android users. I really don’t feel that your idea of “the general opinion” fairly speaks for all users.
    09-08-2019 12:14 PM
    Whatever advantages that Android has against iOS are simultaneously the disadvantages That Android has against iOS because human nature evolves and changes situationally.
    09-08-2019 01:40 PM
    This may help. Migrating From Android to iOS: 10+ Burning Questions For New Users http://drippler.com/drip/migrating-a...ions-new-users
    09-08-2019 08:27 PM
    Unfortunately the answers you are going to get on this are going to differ substantially depending on who answers and what they are using either OS for.
    aximtreo and scruffypig like this.
    09-09-2019 08:06 AM
    Depending on your wants, needs and expectations, iOS could have advantages over Android and vice versa.
    Boom!
    09-09-2019 08:06 AM
    I do miss Nova Launcher.
    09-12-2019 06:12 AM
    I’ve had dozens of Android phones over the years. My last one was a S7 that got me written up at work for that LOVELY bug Samsung had where the alarm would be set but not go off. That was the day I went back to Apple full time.

I saw after that it was still happening to people on the S8. And then there’s the awesome LG hardware bug of random boot loops going back to the G3.

So while base Android may not be buggy at all, the skins and customizations added to it sure as hell are in my personal experiences over, and over again. I realized the one manufacturer that never stranded me with a bricked phone or some other weird glitch was Apple, so I went back to it and don’t intend to leave anytime soon. The X has been the most solid phone I’ve owned, ever, better than my Curve even. Yes even better than my 4S heh. I’ve held onto it for 2 years which I haven’t done with a phone since 2009. But I’m thinking it’s time for some midnight green in my life...
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-12-2019 06:53 AM
    There have been so many posts on this subject or which OS is better and I have asked many of my fiends, family and clients and it’s a personal choice thing.

For myself, it’s IOS because of its simplicity, stability and it just works. On the other side, if Blackberry would have continued and refined OS10, it might have been very different.
    09-13-2019 05:55 AM
    I’m posting here that iOS solves the questions of life, eternal happiness and peace on earth. Android is the antithesis of all this. Of course I will post the opposite when I go to Android Central and CrackBerry on Android hardware....
    09-13-2019 06:59 AM
    Software updates, is the main advantage.
    09-13-2019 08:51 AM
31 12