Apple vs the United States: Department of Justice sues over anti-competitive smartphone 'chokehold' by iPhone maker

naddy69

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
This is an attempt to redefine the word "monopoly".

"What’s next sue McDonald’s for having a monopoly on Big Macs."

Exactly. Why not sue Apple for having a monopoly on Macs? Why not sue Harley-Davidson for having a "monopoly" on Sportsters?

You CAN'T have a "monopoly" on your own product. You CAN'T be a "monopoly" with 55% of a market in the U.S. and 25% globally.

Monopolies exist in markets, not individual products. There are PLENTY of choices besides Apple.

"It would also set a dangerous precedent, empowering government to take a heavy hand in designing people’s technology."

It would be a VERY dangerous precedent, for all companies everywhere.

AGAIN, U.S. anti-trust laws are in place to protects consumers. Not competitors. If people did not like Apple, no one would buy the products. Apple is hugely successful BECAUSE of the products.

• Love
Reactions: iJenn and Xijah

Xijah

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
It would also set a dangerous precedent, empowering government to take a heavy hand in designing people’s technology."
This is the biggest concern for me, people really dont understand the gravity of this event then think its still about green and blue bubbles in message and completely missing this point..

Reactions: iJenn and naddy69

iJenn

Mar 22, 2024
Visit site
This is an attempt to redefine the word "monopoly".

"What’s next sue McDonald’s for having a monopoly on Big Macs."

Exactly. Why not sue Apple for having a monopoly on Macs? Why not sue Harley-Davidson for having a "monopoly" on Sportsters?

You CAN'T have a "monopoly" on your own product. You CAN'T be a "monopoly" with 55% of a market in the U.S. and 25% globally.

Monopolies exist in markets, not individual products. There are PLENTY of choices besides Apple.

"It would also set a dangerous precedent, empowering government to take a heavy hand in designing people’s technology."

It would be a VERY dangerous precedent, for all companies everywhere.

AGAIN, U.S. anti-trust laws are in place to protects consumers. Not competitors. If people did not like Apple, no one would buy the products. Apple is hugely successful BECAUSE of the products.
They are just upset because we iPhone lovers have BIG reasons for loving the iPhone. The biggest reason is security.

Reactions: naddy69

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You can’t make this up

240c186de6ddd5de16d6e928807d30f9.png

tc10

Mar 27, 2024
Visit site
How do we provide support to Apple on this. I do not want a heinz variety pack of Apple app stores. The onestop is great and provides security & privacy that is definitely required.
Do we need a change.org or ...? to Vote to support them.

I would like to see if Apple can reduce their App store profit percentages if possible.
Anyone setting up a secured, privacy protected App Store know that there are major costs associated with it AND the App Store provides access to 100s of millions of customers for anyones Apps.

tc10

Mar 27, 2024
Visit site
How do we provide support to Apple on this. I do not want a heinz variety pack of Apple app stores. The onestop is great and provides security & privacy that is definitely required.
Do we need a change.org or ...? to Vote to support them.

I would like to see if Apple can reduce their App store profit percentages if possible.
Anyone setting up a secured, privacy protected App Store know that there are major costs associated with it AND the App Store provides access to 100s of millions of customers for anyones Apps.
My follow-up question, who is really behind getting got to do this? Trump? and his cult cohorts?
It seems like an intentional disruption? / diversion? ...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien