last night there is heavy rain and i using my iPhone unluckly i have to use it at that time , my iPhone 5s is soaked in rain , screen destroyed and keep reboot , sometimes the sim goes undetected , screen have water pattern inside , lighting charge sometimes not detected , phone keep rebooting at 1 point
    have been using the phone in rain for 1 and a half hour , the rain do keep hitting on the phone

been to apple store and replace a new one

* very sad that iPhone 5s is not water proof ,
    i m not even soak it inside water , i m just using it in heavy , very heavy rain , the rain hit on the phone , but it was never soak inside any water or drop into any water , just heavy rain thats it

* any method to prevent rain damage in the future
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    05-19-2015 12:10 PM
    last night there is heavy rain and i using my iPhone unluckly i have to use it at that time , my iPhone 5s is soaked in rain , screen destroyed and keep reboot , sometimes the sim goes undetected , screen have water pattern inside , lighting charge sometimes not detected , phone keep rebooting at 1 point
    have been using the phone in rain for 1 and a half hour , the rain do keep hitting on the phone

i m not even soak it inside water , i m just using it in heavy , very heavy rain , the rain hit on the phone , but it was never soak inside any water or drop into any water , just heavy rain thats it

Lifeproof case!
    05-19-2015 12:29 PM
    Just my personal opinion, but I never mix my electronics with water. Even if a phone manufacturer said it was "waterproof," I would be in no hurry to test it.
    05-19-2015 01:07 PM
    The only phones I would use in a downpour are the Sony Xperia or the Samsung SGS5. Those are the only water resistant phones that I know of. Nothing else is water resistant.
    I don't use my phones in pouring rain.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    05-19-2015 01:16 PM
    Pretty certain the OP is lying.

"A method to prevent rain damage in the future" lol
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    05-19-2015 01:34 PM
    I found this case on Amazon, and it had great reviews and 4 1/2 stars!
    http://www.amazon.com/iPhone-SUPCASE...mUvbUpU2519888

Its only $15.99! The case is pretty bulky but what do you expect, its water resistant with a built in screen protector.
    Hope this helps!
    05-19-2015 01:46 PM
    Why would u use any electronic in a heavy downpour ? It's common sense that it's not gonna end well on your behalf.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 
    boovish and Not Quite Right like this.
    05-19-2015 01:48 PM

There are no waterproof phones. There are cases that are waterproof, and phones that are somewhat water-resistant. However, electronics and water don't mix. Ever. And why am I struggling to believe that using your phone in the rain ruined it? Also, if it was raining that hard, WHY were you trying to use your phone. Sounds like someone lacks the common sense to come in out of the rain.
    05-19-2015 01:50 PM
    Why would u use any electronic in a heavy downpour ? It's common sense that it's not gonna end well on your behalf.
    Common sense is an oxymoron...
    05-19-2015 01:51 PM

At least he wasn't tethered to his MBP via cable at the time. OP thought wifi was laggy - wait til THAT gets rain soaked.
    05-19-2015 01:52 PM
    I'd like to know how he got a Genius bar appointment so quick... The stores here are booked days in advance.
    05-19-2015 01:59 PM
    I'd like to know how he got a Genius bar appointment so quick... The stores here are booked days in advance.
    He's lying about that also but it's relatively easy to walk in and get to the Genius Bar without an appointment. I accomplished that a few days ago.
    05-19-2015 02:02 PM
    The only phones I would use in a downpour are the Sony Xperia or the Samsung SGS5. Those are the only water resistant phones that I know of. Nothing else is water resistant.
    I don't use my phones in pouring rain.
    Sent from my SUPER HOT Nokia Lumia 1520 via Tapatalk
    your sexy & gawjus iPhone 6 gold 128 GB ain't no water proof
    05-19-2015 02:26 PM

some urgent purpose make me have to use it at that time , work and emergency
    05-19-2015 02:28 PM

05-19-2015 02:29 PM
    and you could not find any shelter from the "heavy rain" to make a call? I am calling BS.
    05-19-2015 02:30 PM
    and you could not find any shelter from the "heavy rain" to make a call? I am calling BS.
    i m not making call, i m ... well if i tell you how i use my iPhone 5s ....

i m actually going to the internet ...
    05-19-2015 02:32 PM
    Should of looked at he weather forecast..
    05-19-2015 02:34 PM

EDIT: Never mind I couldn't read it clearly time is 10:01.
    05-19-2015 02:37 PM
    What do "English girl" Have to do with this post?
    05-19-2015 02:42 PM
    What do "English girl" Have to do with this post?
    05-19-2015 02:47 PM
    "Jolly well"
    05-19-2015 02:49 PM
    Should of looked at he weather forecast..
    There should be an app for that.
    Bigeric23, qbnkelt and Evilguppy like this.
    05-19-2015 02:58 PM
    I m very proud I live in UK and I have a lot english girlfriends ,I m very proud english girl is the best , english girl looks better then American girl , and they have the fastest Apple Store according to what yours comment saying you need days advance booking ,
    WTF are you babbling about? Maybe one of those "english girlfriends" could tutor you on the use of "the Queen's English".
    05-19-2015 03:01 PM

I can just imagine you standing in the midst of a torrential downpour trying to connect your iPad to your iPhone via a cable... Trust me, I don't really care how you use your tech. Clearly you march to a different drummer.

My work is done here. I can't take it any more.
    05-19-2015 03:03 PM
71 123