Screen burn in

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
I'm coming from Samsung which has screen burn in issues if there isn't a screen burn in protection built in.

I want to display alarm clock app at night. Do iphone screens have this issue also? I emailed the developer and no response yet. I googled and that comes back it isn't a issue as much anymore. I'm looking for personal opinions. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Bla1ze

Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Actual burn-in is not that common of a thing anymore, however image retention which people often confuse with burn-in is as you may have saw when Googling pretty common. Generally though, that resolves itself unless by just.. using your phone. People tend to freak when they notice it but then it's gone after a bit.

Reactions: Annie_M

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Actual burn-in is not that common of a thing anymore, however image retention which people often confuse with burn-in is as you may have saw when Googling pretty common. Generally though, that resolves itself unless by just.. using your phone. People tend to freak when they notice it but then it's gone after a bit.

Thank you. I know Samsung stopped this issue just by having the display move slightly every so often, you might not even notice it. Even with screen retention I would think they could stop that by doing the same thing. It would at least stop people from freaking out at all.

Claire_Lara

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
I'm coming from Samsung which has screen burn in issues if there isn't a screen burn in protection built in.

I want to display alarm clock app at night. Do iphone screens have this issue also? I emailed the developer and no response yet. I googled and that comes back it isn't a issue as much anymore. I'm looking for personal opinions. Any input is appreciated. Thanks
To answer your question - Yes, iPhones can experience screen burn-in, although it's less common than with Samsung phones. Apple has implemented features like auto-brightness, dynamic tone mapping, and peak brightness limit to prevent burn-in. To avoid it, avoid displaying static images for long periods, keep screen brightness moderate, and update to the latest iOS version. If burn-in occurs, try restarting the iPhone or consult a professional repair service for assistance. Apple's measures and these precautions can help maintain the display's longevity and performance.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
You don’t have to worry about oled burn in on iPhones.

Might be easier to download ios 17 in a couple of weeks and try the new standby features.

tpeters3030

May 1, 2023
Visit site
Im glad to have found this thread. I have been noticing this issue for the past few weeks and I tried searching all over the internet for some solution. Nothing really gave me a fix. Now that there is an active discussion going on, it would be better to see my options. Ive tried your fix and it has improved drastically! I will still be waiting for the iOS 17 update and see if it improves even more.

The thing here is this doesn't have to be an issue. The lit up part of the display just has to move little here and there. The always on display on Samsungs move to prevent screen burn in. Samsung learned from screen burn issues and did stuff like this to prevent it and it works. I did find a alarm app for iphones that have a screen burn in prevention option that does exactly this. Unfortunately the option doesn't show on the iphone 14 pro max for some reason. The developer is working on fixing that, they have to figure out why it isn't on this particular model.

Reactions: benjaminben117

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I’ve been using the standby feature on iOS 17 since launch (14PM) with no “burn in” issues.

Actually, I laugh every time I hear that phrase. I’ve been using iPhone since the 7S+ without any “burning” issues.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73