I'll likely continue to use an iPad for the foreseeable future. I've owned a PlayBook, and still own a Nexus 7 2013. While they each have some things about them that I liked better than the iPad, neither of them overall quite fit my tablet needs overall like the iPad.

My iPod touch is something I upgrade every 3-4 years. I appreciate having a separate media player for working out or plane rides, but it's not something of real importance to me. I don't feel the need to grab the latest model, like I do with a phone or tablet. I'm still fairly happy with the 5th gen, and will probably keep it for a while.
    Speedygi and Coachbulldog like this.
    04-20-2014 02:00 AM
    I'll likely continue to use an iPad for the foreseeable future. I've owned a PlayBook, and still own a Nexus 7 2013. While they each have some things about them that I liked better than the iPad, neither of them overall quite fit my tablet needs overall like the iPad.

My iPod touch is something I upgrade every 3-4 years. I appreciate having a separate media player for working out or plane rides, but it's not something of real importance to me. I don't feel the need to grab the latest model, like I do with a phone or tablet. I'm still fairly happy with the 5th gen, and will probably keep it for a while.
    It's good to know you always have an iOS device on hand to enjoy the Apple side of things.
    04-20-2014 02:13 AM
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. iPhone is not meeting my wants right now. I'm sure I'll be back on iPhone at next launch as long as it has a bigger screen. I will continue to use my iPad.
    04-20-2014 02:17 AM
    I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. iPhone is not meeting my wants right now. I'm sure I'll be back on iPhone at next launch as long as it has a bigger screen. I will continue to use my iPad.
    How are you liking the S5?

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.
    04-20-2014 06:09 PM
    I can say that I will be sticking with apple iPhone for a while because it seems to be very good and successful and not to complex

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    mumfoau and Haalcyon like this.
    04-25-2014 08:20 PM
    I just seen your thread over in AC. Are you slipping over to the dark side? Say it aint so!
    Nope just won galaxy figured if try it out a few days. Like I figured I hated it.
    05-07-2014 01:20 AM
    I just seen your thread over in AC. Are you slipping over to the dark side? Say it aint so!
    Let me rephrase that, I didn't Hate it, I disliked it. Wasn't for me but I left that experience understanding why some people do enjoy it.
    05-07-2014 01:24 AM
    Yes,until they stop making one.
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-07-2014 04:45 AM
    You can count me in. I have too much money invested in the ecosystem and it just works.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    05-07-2014 11:52 AM
    I don't think I will be using apple forever.. But for now I can say that I will be using apple iPhone for a while longer.. Since nothing else seems to be interesting me now

05-13-2014 10:11 PM
    I don't think I will be using apple forever.. But for now I can say that I will be using apple iPhone for a while longer.. Since nothing else seems to be interesting me now

same here. It's a lack of choice really. I'm not saying that's the reason why I'm stranded with Apple, I'm obviously a huge Apple fan because to me their products, services, philosophy are second to none. BUT for a fact there's simply no one competing with them on that level. Android phones have just a wholly different approach, in which I'm not interested, and I will not start recounting my issues with 'competitor' Samsung.

I like(d) Blackberry, who sort of were/are an alternative I believe, but they're rather vanishing from the market, so that alternative is gone too. Windows Phone seem okayish. But not appealing to me. So yeah, the thing is that even if something intriguing, new was on the rise it would still take years for that product to become established and offer us something of value (ecosystem) - to cut to the chase here; I believe I'll be "stuck" with Apple for a long time, they would have to screw up big time to lose me as a customer.
    05-13-2014 10:31 PM
    Right now I use both a Note 3 and my 5s, but once Apple releases a bigger iPhone I believe I may stay here full time. I'm always switching back and forth between android and Apple and it's kinda tiring. I have a feeling that with the iPhone 6 Apple is going to be my permanent home.
    05-14-2014 12:26 AM
    In my current state yes I'd use apple for as long as I can. I like the blackberry and would like to give windows phone a try but nothing from them has a larger selling point for me to switch back to them unlike the apple right now.

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.
    05-14-2014 05:30 AM
    As of right now do you believe you have become a lifetime Apple user and will never use any other Devices at least when it comes to iPhone?
    I will use Apple products as long as they meet my needs in a way I like.

But.....I also use other platforms. I've got a BlackBerry Q10 and an SGIII that I use along with my iPhone.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    Speedygi likes this.
    05-21-2014 12:42 PM
    This is basically me except with a Note 3. I'm just letting this hold me over until the newer iPhone is out.
    05-21-2014 02:19 PM
    In short, no. I feel Apple has been pretty stagnant for some time not introducing anything compelling. I like iOS 7 but I feel that was mostly playing catch up and if the leaks of iOS 8 are anything to be considered then I don't think I'll be picking up the next gen.
    05-21-2014 05:29 PM
    I have been debating about this issue a lot for the past few days. I know I said before that I will but now there are so many devices and different OS that I want to try. I've been wanting to try windows phone and blackberry. No android for me because it just doesn't work for me. I'm not hating on it or being biased, just that android didn't have what I wanted and it just didn't work with what I needed.

Still, depending how the iphone comes out this year I'll be making a decision then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    06-02-2014 12:49 AM
    This is a GOOD (hard) question for me, I like iOS, but I also like Android....If iOS had the screen real estate along with the customization (without jailbreaking) that Android has, it would probably be a no contest.....I would go with Apple.....Maybe....SMILE
    06-02-2014 01:24 AM
    To be honest, I was only ever drawn in because of the 5c. I think if they only stick with the full aluminum devices similar to the 5s, I'll likely not be moving forward with them.

I'll just have to find myself a bigger storage green and white 5c, then settle in and move on.

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    06-02-2014 06:25 AM
    If Apple continues opening up the OS as they are with iOS 8, broadens the integration with other platforms (home, car, fitness, etc), and improves the overall hardware, I will be sticking with them for the foreseeable future.

06-05-2014 01:19 PM
    In the last two years I've transitioned to Apple. Started with iPad 2, iPhone 4s, AppleTV, upgraded to iPhone 5s, and now use a MacBook Pro. I like the integration that enables me to seamlessly use devices for work and home. As things stand now, no way I would go back to BlackBerry, PC, or move to another tablet. I'm sticking with Apple products.
    06-05-2014 02:29 PM
71 123