Are You Planning On Sticking With an iOS Device In The Future?

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if I offended any android users with my last comment but seriously so tired of hearing apple needs to catch up. There's more to a phone than just customizing. Which in my opinion is all samsung offers which apple doesn't. I think apple makes up for that in build quality 100%

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Completely agree! Which is why I'm not even waiting for the 6, my 5s will be here tomorrow..Android is just not for me anymore

Sent from my iPad LTE

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, currently not using an iPhone, I kinda like the underdog and enjoying my z30, it is more suitable for my needs with respect to true multitasking, speed, etc. Nevertheless, with respect to my tablet of choice...I'm hear until something comes out that is better. currently there isn't much competition with respect to my personal needs.

Sent from my Z30 using Mobile Nations mobile app

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My first smart phone was an iPhone because at the time all my naive mind thought was that I could get an iPhone (best phone ever) or a galaxy device that was a huge, ugly, plastic slab. Then when I got obsessed with smartphones I tried multiple androids phone and even a windows phone.

The thing I missed the most were a lot of apps that I had previously paid for on iOS. I also have small fingers so I actually prefer the iPhone's size.
Yeah the customization of android was cool but I spent more time tweaking it, trying to make it perfect than actually using the device.

So I'm basically going to be iOS for life not because of the number of apps but because of the quality of apps.

And I never even used google now so Siri is perfect for my own workflow.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
As of right now do you believe you have become a lifetime Apple user and will never use any other Devices at least when it comes to iPhone?

I am currently on a Moto X but I am switching back to a 5S here pretty shortly. I love switching back and forth from iPhone to Android sometimes because, I mean, it's fun. :b But I could see myself staying with Apple even more than android if they get a bigger screen size. I would love the 4.7" screen because that's the size of the Moto X and I do enjoy the size of the phone. I just don't really like the idea that this phone is always listening, it's made in the USA, and Chinese people own. What if they tap into my phone and listen to my conversations? It kinda freaks me out.

But yeah, more screen size and maybe 128gb? I'm in.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been using a lumia 920 the past few weeks, with 8.1 they pretty much caught up outside of apps. So honestly, I might be going to that full time for a while. So I'm not sure

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Apple pretty much does things the way I like, the things I do most. I did Android and I'm no fan of that OS. I don't see myself going anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've actually been using a lumia 920 the past few weeks, with 8.1 they pretty much caught up outside of apps. So honestly, I might be going to that full time for a while. So I'm not sure

Is Google Hangouts on Windows phone now? What about Spotify?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I used to get excited about trying new devices on other platforms. But lately, every time I get an itch, I just go over to the Android forums and I change my mind.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I used to get excited about trying new devices on other platforms. But lately, every time I get an itch, I just go over to the Android forums and I change my mind.

Yeah. I have one android device still, this gPad 8.3, but it is just not the same. The 'polish' is missing. I guess you're supposed to try to 'customize' the polish and refinement into it somehow but I just don't have the motivation to do the drudgery on this device that my iOS devices don't even need, ie., find and install a UI font that is not blaaaah, replace and setup a new launcher. That stuff was fun back in the day but has gotten tired and old to me. Everytime I use android I miss iOS. Its all I can do not to give this gPad 8.3 away.

Sent from my LG-V5OO (my other tablets are iPads) 📱

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'll likely continue to use an iPad for the foreseeable future. I've owned a PlayBook, and still own a Nexus 7 2013. While they each have some things about them that I liked better than the iPad, neither of them overall quite fit my tablet needs overall like the iPad.

My iPod touch is something I upgrade every 3-4 years. I appreciate having a separate media player for working out or plane rides, but it's not something of real importance to me. I don't feel the need to grab the latest model, like I do with a phone or tablet. I'm still fairly happy with the 5th gen, and will probably keep it for a while.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'll likely continue to use an iPad for the foreseeable future. I've owned a PlayBook, and still own a Nexus 7 2013. While they each have some things about them that I liked better than the iPad, neither of them overall quite fit my tablet needs overall like the iPad.

My iPod touch is something I upgrade every 3-4 years. I appreciate having a separate media player for working out or plane rides, but it's not something of real importance to me. I don't feel the need to grab the latest model, like I do with a phone or tablet. I'm still fairly happy with the 5th gen, and will probably keep it for a while.

It's good to know you always have an iOS device on hand to enjoy the Apple side of things.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. iPhone is not meeting my wants right now. I'm sure I'll be back on iPhone at next launch as long as it has a bigger screen. I will continue to use my iPad.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S5. iPhone is not meeting my wants right now. I'm sure I'll be back on iPhone at next launch as long as it has a bigger screen. I will continue to use my iPad.

How are you liking the S5?

Sent from thr Note 3...and yeah, its spectacular.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I can say that I will be sticking with apple iPhone for a while because it seems to be very good and successful and not to complex

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I just seen your thread over in AC. Are you slipping over to the dark side? Say it aint so!

Let me rephrase that, I didn't Hate it, I disliked it. Wasn't for me but I left that experience understanding why some people do enjoy it.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I will be using apple forever.. But for now I can say that I will be using apple iPhone for a while longer.. Since nothing else seems to be interesting me now

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77