Any ideas how to solve this?

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
So upgraded to the iPhone 5 using our primary line. Got it, activated it to the rightful number, then reactivated the dumphone on that line. Cut down my micro sim and placed it in the 5. Got it working.

I noticed yesterday morning that the Verizon logo is not showing up in the top banner, just "LTE" and "3G". Phone calls are working, data is working, and I can receive texts but I can not send texts. Under Settings>>General>About>Network it's saying not available. In the Phone menu in Settings it's saying My Number: Unknown.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Anyway I can fix this?

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
So upgraded to the iPhone 5 using our primary line. Got it, activated it to the rightful number, then reactivated the dumphone on that line. Cut down my micro sim and placed it in the 5. Got it working.

I noticed yesterday morning that the Verizon logo is not showing up in the top banner, just "LTE" and "3G". Phone calls are working, data is working, and I can receive texts but I can not send texts. Under Settings>>General>About>Network it's saying not available. In the Phone menu in Settings it's saying My Number: Unknown.

Anyone have any idea what the problem is? Anyway I can fix this?

As soon as you switched devices on that line, your SIM card was deactivated. For you to receive Verizon services, you'll have to get a new Verizon SIM card. I am assuming you have a non-verizon SIM card you are cutting down to nano size.

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I cut down my original Verizon micro sim which is now in the iPhone, with working data and calls. I had called Friday attempting to activate the provided nano sim to my number with no luck. I believe there was a 24 hour hold on switching numbers.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar situation when i used an alternative upgrade path. The long and short of it was I had to go to the verizon store and get a new SIM for the line I intended to use all along. Shouldnt matter about switching SIMs between LTE devices. That is, once the SIM is properly activated. It did matter in this case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2