service going in and out

Amy

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
the service on the two different at&t phones in our house keeps going in and out. anyone out there having the same trouble or can help us as to why? :confused: can't get them on the phone since we have no bars...

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you don't have signal as you said. it's not any more complex than this.

you basically have three options
1. move
2. wait for AT&T to build a tower closer to you.
3. hope microcell service comes sooner than later and that you can get this working with an antenna outside (costs extra)

StinkyPeas

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
If your talking about you had service before and now it keeps going in and out that recently happened to me as well one day i had one to two bars everywhere in my house now im constantly searching for service.

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
this seems to be a major problem with iPhone users as of late, im sure you guys cant wait to get off of the AT&T service.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
you don't have signal as you said. it's not any more complex than this.

you basically have three options
1. move
2. wait for AT&T to build a tower closer to you.
3. hope microcell service comes sooner than later and that you can get this working with an antenna outside (costs extra)
Sweetness if she was in a good zone like I am 3g she would have the same issue

TiburonGrande

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that, Amy. Unfortunately as Flying said there is no perfect solution to this. One question: is this only with iPhone, or with other ATT phones as well? Try using another ATT phone (if U have one) to better determine if it's an iPhone-specific issue, or an overall ATT issue in ur home.

I live in the metro NYC area and knock wood, nearly always have 5 bars of service (except in my GF's basement apartment, where I switch to WiFi), and have had very few dropped calls. Service issues like urs just underscore that there IS some truth to the recent Verizon commercials: ATT needs to vastly expand its overall coverage and call quality. The ATT/iPhone combo may have the fastest smartphone upload & download data speeds, as evidenced by the recent PC World test, but that doesn't count for Jack if U can't get a dayum signal !!

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Well it depends, is AT&T good in your area? If so then it could be a prob. with the phone. But most likely, it's the network. Welcome to the AT&T club.

The solution is to leave AT&T. They have gotten lazy since the iPhone is so good. The only way AT&T will really listen to the consumer is if nobody buys an AT&T iPhone.

If I don't see any improvement in AT&T then this is what I'll do. As soon as wwdc in june is over, I'm leaving AT&T and going back to verizon. Whether apple wants to keep my business is up to them.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
the service on the two different at&t phones in our house keeps going in and out. anyone out there having the same trouble or can help us as to why? :confused: can't get them on the phone since we have no bars...
Welcome to "the steaming pile of failure." While AT&T brags about the speed of their 3G, their coverage is limited to a few tens of major markets.

It does not appear that the microcell will be GA any time soon. A Verizon MiFi card and Skype is a viable, if expensive, alternative to AT&T 3G.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77