PowerBeats3 Sound Quality Not Good

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just upgraded my PowerBeats2 to the new PowerBeats3 because my 2's finally kicked the bucket and my right ear does not work right and cuts in and out a lot. When I put the 3's on and powered them up I knew something was wrong. My music sounds horrible, like there is no bass and treble is turned all the way up. I have tried several EQ's and have tried resetting the headset and nothing seems to be helping. My 2's had rich bass and overall good sound with no issues. Is this something I will have to swap them out for? Not really wanting to do that, but if I have to I will. Trying a different resolution for now though, any suggestions would help.

Fable

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, so I just upgraded my PowerBeats2 to the new PowerBeats3 because my 2's finally kicked the bucket and my right ear does not work right and cuts in and out a lot. When I put the 3's on and powered them up I knew something was wrong. My music sounds horrible, like there is no bass and treble is turned all the way up. I have tried several EQ's and have tried resetting the headset and nothing seems to be helping. My 2's had rich bass and overall good sound with no issues. Is this something I will have to swap them out for? Not really wanting to do that, but if I have to I will. Trying a different resolution for now though, any suggestions would help.

Having used these as my primary goto since release, I have never experienced an issue like this. It sounds like you should do an exchange for a new pair.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Especially since you owned the previous version and it was so much better, I would definitely take them in to be checked. Maybe ask if you can try on another pair and see if that makes things any better :)

Beats love their bass, so sounds like something is wrong. Let us know how it goes.

Shirin Nezhat

Mar 25, 2018
Visit site
Hi there, I just got the new Powerbeats3 and the sound is exactly as you described it; No base and not deep enough. I compared it to my husband’s beats2 and his are just fine.
Did you end up exchanging them for another pair and are they working okay now?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2