Changing AppleIDs - what will happen?

I

iMore Question

Over the years as we've added iDevices around the house, I've set up my own Apple ID on them. For example, the AppleTVs in the house are on my ID as well as the iPad I gave the kids when I bought a new one.

I just set up Family Sharing and would like to replace my login on a couple of devices with other IDs...most especially the "kids" iPad. If I log out, then log in with one of my kids' IDs, what will happen to the data that was installed/created under my ID? Will it just be smarter to wipe everything and install apps through Family Sharing?

Thanks -

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I, obviously, can't guarantee your results will be the same, but we had the same situation here where all of our devices were logged into the same Apple ID and then we setup Family Sharing. Prior to changing, on my devices I was logged into iCloud as my ID and ITunes/App Store as our shared ID. After setting up Family Sharing, I logged out of ITunes, etc. with the shared ID and logged in using my own Apple ID and nothing changed. All my apps still worked, i was able to sync fine, etc. I made sure I had a good backup first hoping I could recover if needed, but nothing bad happened on either my iPhone nor my iPad. Hope you have the same results!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2