Locked ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My 75 year old mother has forgotten her account info on her iPad. My wife had actually set it up for her and for years she was fine on it just to play games. Recently, for some reason, it reset itself and is now asking for the account info for logging in.. She doesn't have it. So I'm assuming it would be like if someone stole an iPad or found one, that they can't just reset the password with a new one even if you do a factory reset. So it useless now? Apple can't help. I already reached out to them.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
She is totally clueless. She no longer has apple herself. She has android. It's been over 5 years ago that she set that up.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
You're either going to have to try the account recovery method or call  support and play a game of 20 questions.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would I be able to get it unlocked via jailbreak methods?

If the device is protected by the iCloud Activation Lock then no, there's no way around it. With that being said, does your wife still have the email account used when she set up your mom's phone? If so, Apple will send the recovery information to that email address.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
She does not have the email either. I'm just gonna put a hammer to it and it
And call it a loss. Lol, it was an iPad mini

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So, given that your Mother is 75, I would be surprised that she didn't write down this information somewhere! I set up both my MIL's iPhone and iPad, and she had a whole notebook full of passwords and login info. My husband and I both shuddered everytime she pulled it out (she kept with with her cookbooks)! ;) Just a thought. Good luck, I hope you can figure it out!

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So, given that your Mother is 75, I would be surprised that she didn't write down this information somewhere! I set up both my MIL's iPhone and iPad, and she had a whole notebook full of passwords and login info. My husband and I both shuddered everytime she pulled it out (she kept with with her cookbooks)! ;) Just a thought. Good luck, I hope you can figure it out!
She's bad at keeping passwords. Then she blames us for not writing down HER info. She's the type that wants all the latest and greatest. And wants someone else to explain everything IN DETAIL while she takes notes. As stated b4, we are just gonna take a hammer to it and toss it. She got herself a tablet now and my wife wil write down all of the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2