Personal HotSpot Not Working!

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey so I have a iPhone 6s and I’m trying to use personal HotSpot with my iPad but it isn’t working since I updated my iPhone 6s to iOS 11. Anyone know why this could be?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
How are you trying to connect to it with the iPad? Is the iPad on the same iTunes account? When you search for wifi on your iPad does the name of your phone show up? It should be able to join the iPhone without turning hotspot in in your settings.

anon(9758025)

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
The weird thing is it works when I plug it into my MacBook Pro because of the USB connection so I don’t know why it wouldn’t work via WiFi.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Could potentially be a carrier issue at this point. You may try verifying you still have the service on your account for mobile hotspot.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I thought Apple made it easier to connect so users wouldn't have to do all that settings stuff. I'm not in the US but I've never had any hotspot or tethering on my phone account but I've connected to my phone lots of times and it works. When you do it is your phone unlocked because I've noticed it will not connect unless the iPhone is unlocked. Also try this turn off wifi on your iPad and reboot it. On the iPhone turn it off and remove the SIM and then reseat it and power up. Once the phone is powered up turn on wifi on the iPad. Check to see if you see the hotspot from your iPhone and try to connect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2