Links not opening

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Various websites are not opening in any of the browsers on my mini iPad 4. They all open fine on my iPhone 6s. It's not all links just a few but the number appears to be growing each day.
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
Bob

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Start with restarting your device.
After that make sure you have no ad block app running. You can check that in Settings > Safari > Content Blockers
Also make sure you don't have any proxy set up and are not on a VPN.

Last edited:

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have no content blockers and had already shut the iPad down. It's not just safari the links are not opening in Chrome and Firefox either. Some links will open it but the list seems to be growing. I'm going to avoid having to do a reset.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have no content blockers and had already shut the iPad down. It's not just safari the links are not opening in Chrome and Firefox either. Some links will open it but the list seems to be growing. I'm going to avoid having to do a reset.

Is this only on wifi or also on cellular data?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok. First go to Settings > WiFi, tap the (i) next to the wifi you're connected to and choose 'Forget This Network'

Wait at least one minute and connect to that network.
If you're having the same issue again, you should go to Settings > General > Reset and choose to 'Reset Network Settings'.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Forgetting the network seems to have done the trick, can you explain to me why that would fix it? And thanks for your help.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Forgetting the network seems to have done the trick, can you explain to me why that would fix it? And thanks for your help.

Sometimes some of the wifi settings get off a bit. Forgetting and reconnecting sets it straight. I experience that a good deal with my Comcast wifi. Sometimes just toggling wifi off, then back on helps. Other times I have to reboot my modem. And I do that through my Xfinity app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2