Hard time rearranging apps

squill

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a new iPhone 7 plus iOS 10.2. It's hard to rearrange the apps. Some times it comes with a menu, some times it opens the app and it is even harder to get them so you either delete one or rearrange one. Help

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Do not press the screen. Simply touch an app until they all start jiggling, and then arrange them on your home screen in the order you want them.

Pete M

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi squill. What you're experiencing is called 3D Touch. When you press firmly on an app icon, if that app supports 3D Touch, it will call up a menu of quick options. 3D Touch is also useful within many apps (you can "peek", and with more force, "pop" into a message in Messages from the messages list, for example).
As the other person said, if you want to move or delete apps without engaging 3D Touch, rest your finger gently on an app icon (it doesn't matter which one) for about two seconds. Once they begin jiggling, you can move or delete them normally as on the iPhone 6 and earlier. Press the Taptic home button to return to normal (just like the older iPhones).

I hope this helps!
-Pete

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2