How do you connect my ipad pro to Internet using a wired ethernet connection?

I

iMore Question

I have the lightning the new USB 3 camera adapter and a USB to Ethernet adapter--all from Apple. I plugged in the Ethernet cable into the USB adapter and then to the new Camera Connector. I then plugged the Lightning USB 3 adapter into my new iPad pro but alas no connectivity. What am I doing wrong? I understood that the new camera USB 3 connector would allow a wired connection to my new iPad.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
From Apple: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...htning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter&token=rHTrFxmJ

"With the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, it?s easy to transfer photos and videos from your high-resolution digital camera to your iPad Pro. After you connect the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter, your iPad Pro automatically opens the Photos app, which lets you choose photos and videos to import, then organizes them into albums.
Add even greater capability and versatility to your iPad Pro by powering the Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter with a USB Power Adapter. Then you can connect USB peripherals like hubs, Ethernet adapters, audio/MIDI interfaces, and card readers for CompactFlash, SD, microSD, and more."

I didn't read anything in regard to internet connectivity.

jazzmanrp

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
It works on my iPad Pro 9.7. I initially had issues as well, but three things made the difference for me.
1) make sure that you are connected to a network that uses DHCP to assign IP addresses. To date, there is no place to enter an IP address for the Ethernet Adapter.

2) Check the power adapter - use one that is truly compatible with the iPad. (This one may not be the most critical - depending on which adapter you use. I have since gotten this to work even with the power adapter removed). It may affect whether or not your iPad is truly charging though (i.e. battery indicator on iPad is green).

3) Patience and retry: I initially plugged in all the cables (Ethernet and external power) into the adapter prior to plugging in the lightening connector to the iPad Pro 9.7. I found that periodically, I had to remove and replug the USB to Ethernet adapter and then wait about 15s+ before it actually started working. This one was the most common issue for me.

Christopher C.'s YouTube video helped me the most: https://youtu.be/vnaEWwBY7Dw

BTW. I have tried both the Apple adapter and an Anker USB Hub w/ Ethernet and they both work. I do like the fact that the green indicator light on the Anker USB Hub goes solid green when you have a good Ethernet connection. I used a speed test app and got very good speed (90 Mbps download and 12 Mbps upload) to the Internet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2