How do I create a link within excel on my iPad to another excel document stored on my iPad?

sophieejones

Jan 13, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

Apologies if this isn’t the right place however I’m trying to create links within my excel document to other saved excel documents on my iPad however anything that i try doesn’t work.

Command K doesn’t work on the iPad and when i manually attempt to add a link it’s asking for the location which i’ve attempted to enter but it’s not correct.

Am i doing something wrong? Please help!

Thanks,

Sophie

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Support would probably be the best source to assist you regarding this matter.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Apologies if this isn’t the right place however I’m trying to create links within my excel document to other saved excel documents on my iPad however anything that i try doesn’t work.

Command K doesn’t work on the iPad and when i manually attempt to add a link it’s asking for the location which i’ve attempted to enter but it’s not correct.

Am i doing something wrong? Please help!

Thanks,

Sophie

First copy the file from your iPad to your OneDrive. Open Excel, then open the file you want to link. This will put it in your recents. Close Excel. Open Excel and click on home. You should see your recents. Click on the three dots on the bottom right of the file that you want to link, click share, copy link, then give the permissions. Open the sheet you want to add the link too and add the link to the cell.

It is easier to work with Excel from OneDrive. If I were able to add a link from a file on my iPad, then sent the workbook to say Jakarta, the office in Indonesia would need access to my iPad, but by using OneDrive it’s now just a shared file.

If you need more assistance, I’m glad to help.