How can we set up restaurant menus on an iPad?

I

iMore Question

IPAD Local Host / Local Server

Hi! I would like to get some help with regards the scenario that we would like for the system on the restaurant:
we would like to use ipad as restaurant menus
the restaurant menu will be either a wordpress/html/php site
the ipads will be connected to the wifi, but we want to use a local server or xampp or whatever
we want that everytime we update the site on the local server, all the ipads will be automatically update etc.
My question is that what is the best local server that we can buy and use? Should we use mac or pc? And how do we set this up? One thing is for sure, the customers will use IPADs.

Please help.

Thank you!

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: IPAD Local Host / Local Server

going out on a limb here but if you create the page in HTML/CSS then store that on a server whether local or other, then use safari (with heavy restriction and guided access) to display the menu it would act just like any webpage with you being to update the menu by changing the file and refreshing safari. if done on a regular server your patrons could access it out side the restaurant and or load it to there own device (IOS not required)

Thoughts or did I just miss the point?

PS I'm intrigued by the idea and will to offer coding/programming services PM me if interested.

Tyler Park

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
i know an app that can put your menu via ipad,
you can customize your menu and add pictures anytime you want.
it cost only $199 for 5 ipads.
give me a text message if you are interested.
[redacted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i know an app that can put your menu via ipad,
you can customize your menu and add pictures anytime you want.
it cost only $199 for 5 ipads.
give me a text message if you are interested.
[redacted]

[WARN]Do not post personal contact information of yourself or others. This includes email addresses, phone numbers, IMEI numbers, and addresses. If you wish to contact another member, please send them a private message. This is for your protection.[/WARN]

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2