Can you help me with my iCloud Dilemma?

I

iMore Question

Originally I and iphone 4s and Ipad. Working off of one icloud acct. Recently i gave me daughter my iphone and now i just purchased new iphone 5c. Here is my dilemma....my daughter and I seemed to be sharing the same info. I created a new icloud acct with my new phone and want to switch my ipad over to the new account too. after doing so will my daughters music etc vaporize once i create a new acct. How do i protect everyting that she has (even if my stuff is in there too) and keep my stuff on my ipad ?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Originally I and iphone 4s and Ipad. Working off of one icloud acct. Recently i gave me daughter my iphone and now i just purchased new iphone 5c. Here is my dilemma....my daughter and I seemed to be sharing the same info. I created a new icloud acct with my new phone and want to switch my ipad over to the new account too. after doing so will my daughters music etc vaporize once i create a new acct.
No. Her stuff will remain on her device.
How do i protect everyting that she has (even if my stuff is in there too) and keep my stuff on my ipad ?
The stuff that she has on her iPhone 4S will not be affected since you've created a new account for you to be used with your iPhone 5C and your iPad.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
If you created a new account for you to use with your new 5c and iPad 2 you had two options:
-Start fresh (from zero, no apps or anything) or
- Restore your 5c from a 4s back up so it'd move the info you had in your 4s to your new 5c.

BUT keep in mind, that whatever you purchased with the old account (the one you gave to your daughter) will stay there, what I mean is that if you want to (re)download apps purchased with the old account, you'd had to keep switching back and forth, because you can't move your purchases to the new account (but can download with the other account to your 5c with no problem).

You go to itunes store and change the name and personal info if you want, with your daughter's and as for whatever she has in your old 4s, nothing will be affected, everything will stay as you left it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2