Switching phone and carrier through apple but keeping same number. How does the process work?

I

iMore Question

I'm currently with virgin mobile. I've outgrown their plan options and decided to switch to Verizon. I ordered an iPhone 5s through apple and also created a Verizon account through them(...I think). I want to keep the same number for now, so I got my account number from virgin mobile and gave that info on the apple website as I was completing checkout. I received an email from apple stating my order is processing. Expected delivery is next Friday.

Will I still be able to use my virgin mobile phone while I wait for the iPhone?

How does activation work? Will I activate it out of the box or will apple/verizon have already done that by the time it arrives?

TIA

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Your new phone will come with activation instructions... follow those... Meanwhile your present phone will work normally until the new phone arrives... then, there may be some time where you'll have to use both phones... One to make, and the other to receive calls... That should be explained in the material,you get with the new phone.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently with virgin mobile. I've outgrown their plan options and decided to switch to Verizon. I ordered an iPhone 5s through apple and also created a Verizon account through them(...I think). I want to keep the same number for now, so I got my account number from virgin mobile and gave that info on the apple website as I was completing checkout. I received an email from apple stating my order is processing. Expected delivery is next Friday.

Will I still be able to use my virgin mobile phone while I wait for the iPhone?

How does activation work? Will I activate it out of the box or will apple/verizon have already done that by the time it arrives?

TIA
Some times from what i recall you use to be asked if you wanted it shipped activated or not depending on who you were getting it from but when you use your old phone once you get the new one and you get a message about activation or the plug to hook up to iTunes you will know your new one is active and ready to go. Most of the time with VZW you hit *228 and it will tell you what option number to hit thinking it is number 1 to activate your phone and you are off and calling. :) Good luck with your new phone and same number you have now as long as you told them you wanted to keep and PORT over your old number!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77