One Mac, Two accounts (work and personal), same Apple ID

I

iMore Question

I'm using my personal Mac for work (don't worry...I'm the IT guy). I have separate work and personal accounts setup, just so I can keep things separate. But I like having access to my iCloud services in both accounts--you know, for goodies like Handoff, iMessage, Apple News, etc. So I've signed into iCloud in both accounts with my one Apple ID...it works. But every time I switch profiles, I end up having to go through authentication to get iCloud working again. Basically, when I sign in on my personal local account, it signs me out of iCloud on my personal work account--and vice versa.

Does anyone have any tips as to how I can get my one iCloud account to work in both local accounts, without having to sign back into it again every time I switch profiles? This didn't used to be an issue, but with Apple's increasingly enhanced MFA (which is a GOOD thing), it's become more complicated.

Thanks in advance!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If I'm understanding your post, there's no way that I know of to do what you're seeking to do because there is only one login per account/session, regardless of the Apple ID.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner