Erase All Content and Settings iphone 4s without 3g access

I

iMore Question

I bought an iPhone 5s and i have a new sim card which i have activated which makes my old sim card (iPhone 4s) null and void with no 3g internet access.
I need to Erase All Content and Settings on the 4s so i can sell it but upon doing this i am required to enter my iCloud password which i do, but because there is no internet on this phone i cannot do this.
Can anyone help or point me in the right direction to fix this problem. I have googled this and i cant find any solutions so i am open to any suggestions

Thanks in advance

Christian

Christian Renwick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Use a wifi network

I have connected to a wifi network but the phone still doesnt have any internet. cant use facebook, mail, safari etc (it was McDonalds wifi)

Ive also tried to restore thru itunes but itunes tells me to turn of find my iphone in icloud settings before i restore. So when i go to turn that off it asks for my icloud password but when i enter it it says 'Verificaton Failed. The internet connection appears to be offline'
So what now? im using IOS 7.0.3 if thats any use. Also the only internet access i have at home is through my iphone 5s hotspot
thanks

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Try another network (also, make sure that "WiFi" is ON in your settings on the 4S. Unless you have a hardware issue with the 4S itself, there is no reason why it should be doing this if you're entering the accurate iCloud sign in information.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I have connected to a wifi network but the phone still doesnt have any internet. cant use facebook, mail, safari etc (it was McDonalds wifi)

Ive also tried to restore thru itunes but itunes tells me to turn of find my iphone in icloud settings before i restore. So when i go to turn that off it asks for my icloud password but when i enter it it says 'Verificaton Failed. The internet connection appears to be offline'
So what now? im using IOS 7.0.3 if thats any use. Also the only internet access i have at home is through my iphone 5s hotspot
thanks

The McDonalds wifi hotspot may have a browser based authentication you have to go through. If you go to google.com while on that network, does it redirect you to a sign on page for that network?

Why can't you just use the iPhone 5 hotspot for your connection?

Christian Renwick

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
The McDonalds wifi hotspot may have a browser based authentication you have to go through. If you go to google.com while on that network, does it redirect you to a sign on page for that network?

Why can't you just use the iPhone 5 hotspot for your connection?

Ive tried a thousand times but you cant pair 2 iphones and use one as a hotspot. unless you know of a way to do it .. id love to know. ill try a different wifi at my mates house today. if no luck ill probly go to the apple store

thanks

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

thanks
I understand what you are saying and not to say this happened to you but Had the need to do this and got the same message because I was not paying attn and entered my ID and not PASSWORD. As soon as entered the right info it erased everything and I was back to like nothing was ever there. I took care of my problem and that was it. Hey it happens to us all if this is what you might have done.

Amy Goodman

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I cant do either as ON ITUNES it says I need to turn off FIND MY IPHONE which I cant do as need internet connection to sign in to icloud
please help on my old phone.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I cant do either as ON ITUNES it says I need to turn off FIND MY IPHONE which I cant do as need internet connection to sign in to icloud
please help on my old phone.

Welcome to iMore. You need internet connection in order to turn off find my iPhone. There is no other way of doing this.

trebrooke

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
It works!!!
Use recovery mode.

1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.

iTunes should open and display a message such as: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes."

5.Use iTunes to restore your device.
If you don't see your device in iTunes, follow these steps for Mac or these for Windows

Raratan

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
W0000t! Thanks for the great find. The wifi hardware is out on my phone and I already transferred the network to the new phone I just got, so I would have been stuck without the advice.

I guess this is also how you reset a stolen phone and reduce your chances of getting caught through find my phone. ...Don't tell the thieves!

jerrykur

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Another thank you. My old iPhone 4's wifi is burnt out. I can get $100 for it on trade in on a new phone. amd I want to remove all of the information before trading it in.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77