Cannot play SOME songs in Apple Music Library

dgrass90

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Apple Music with iTunes Match since it debuted and never had an issue. I just activated my iPhone 8 and am now having an issue where random songs that I try to play will give me an alert "You do not have permission to access the requested resource."

I tried chatting with Apple support and got asked questions like: have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app (really?! the stock **APPLE** music app... smh).

Some other things to note:
- I have always had home sharing turned on though I have never used it. When I googled this message everything pointed to that so I have since logged out.
- I have confirmed the same AppleID is being used in Music and iTunes, iCloud, etc.
- (not sure if relevant) I had an older MBA used for iTunes match that I wiped and sold the same time I got my iPhone 8. I have a newer MBP that I have logged into iTunes (with the same AppleID) and confirmed that iTunes Match is enabled / home sharing logged out.

Running iOS 11.0.1 (not beta)

dgrass90

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks - gave both a read. The Apple support document wasn't any more of a help than the chat rep... focused on signing out/in and looking at my internet connection. iMore article had some good tips but I have already done these or they don't apply.

Big thing is that I haven't changed anything other than devices (and I have done this multiple times prior to the latest upgrade without a hitch).