Got me some AirPods on Monday or Tuesday of this week and they’ve already been replaced. My experience so far has been less than stellar. I love the design and love being without a wire, but given what I’ve experienced so far, I’m not sure I will keep them. Here’s what all I’ve been through so far:

1. The first pair didn’t register the double taps on the buds most of the time. It was very frustrating. Took them back last night and the folks at the Apple Store didn’t even bother testing them. They just replaced them on the spot.

2. The second pair is even worse. Double taps work better than the first but not every time. Still frustrating but at least it’s a bit better.

3. Went for a run with the 2nd pair this morning and after the first song ended, the AirPods just stopped working. I looked on my watch (left my phone at home and had the AirPods paired to my AW), it looked like the music was still going. Then it looked like it paused. When i pressed the play button, it tried to connect to the AirPods and said it couldn’t and that I need to make sure the AirPods were nearby and turned on??

4. Got home from my musicless run and paired it back to my phone. Noticed that it didn’t make the sound when it detects that you’ve put the buds in. Music plays and then fades out and stops. This happens a bunch of times until I get tired of it.

5. I forget the device in Bluetooth and reset my AirPods and re-paired it. It worked fine for awhile and same thing happened as in #4 . This pattern happened multiple times throughout the day.

6. I go out to run errands and had to call my daughter. Put my buds in and tell Siri to call my daughter. Call doesn’t go through even though Siri picked up what I was saying and responded. Second time I tried, it worked.

7. I started listening to music after the call and music starts playing and then after a few songs, starts to fade out and suddenly it’s only playing through my phone speakers (different than #4 ). This happens 4-5 times before I reset everything and reconnect again.

8. I’m on with Apple Support now and they ran a diagnostic on my phone which turned out fine. I haven’t had any issues with connecting to my other Bluetooth earbuds, Apple Watch, Fitbit, etc. I don’t think it’s the phone. Somehow, I’ve ended up with two sets of dud AirPods.

9. The confirmation sound you get when you put the buds in your ears don’t always ring when I put the buds in my ear ... sometimes just one ear rings and sometimes none ... yet it shows connected to my phone. Sometimes, both ring and it shows connected. Sometimes one or none ring and it’s not connected.

10. I’ve restarted all my devices multiple times. Seems to fix it fo ra little bit before it reverts.

11. When I use the AW to control volume of music, it seems to revert back to the original state the next time I play music (after I’ve taken he buds out and put them back in). Really weird.

12. Double tapping the AirPods seems more responsive when my phone screen is turned on. Hardly ever engages when screen is off. What’s the point of that?

I really want these to work but I’m just not sure if they will.
    10-28-2017 08:36 PM
    Are you on iOS 11? They're beyond amazing on iOS 10....I've had to have them replaced once due to bad battery drain but none of your issues
    10-28-2017 08:39 PM
    Are you on iOS 11? They're beyond amazing on iOS 10....I've had to have them replaced once due to bad battery drain but none of your issues
    Yea, I’m on 11.0.3. I’ve had all sorts of issues on 11.0.3 so wouldn’t be surprised. Are you still on 10?
    10-28-2017 08:41 PM
    Yea, I’m on 11.0.3. I’ve had all sorts of issues on 11.0.3 so wouldn’t be surprised. Are you still on 10?
    Yes ma'am my 7+ is on 10 and my 8 is on 11.1, I'm surprised you haven't done 11.1, fixes a lot of issues.
    10-28-2017 08:49 PM
    Yes ma'am my 7+ is on 10 and my 8 is on 11.1, I'm surprised you haven't done 11.1, fixes a lot of issues.
    Too lazy. I’ve actually not ever done a public beta. I don’t have as much time as i used to to tinker with my devices.
    10-28-2017 08:51 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you're having multiple issues with your AirPods. I concur with MooMooPrincess about them being amazing on iOS 10 but I know that doesn't help your situation. Unfortunately I don't have any advice but just wanted to share that I feel bummed for you since I remember you being so excited to get them and now this dunt dunt dunt.
    MooMooPrincess and Just_Me_D like this.
    10-29-2017 09:05 PM
    I'm sorry to hear you're having multiple issues with your AirPods. I concur with MooMooPrincess about them being amazing on iOS 10 but I know that doesn't help your situation. Unfortunately I don't have any advice but just wanted to share that I feel bummed for you since I remember you being so excited to get them and now this dunt dunt dunt.
    Thanks. Apple chat support wasn’t very helpful. They ended up just scheduling a Genius Bar appt for me for Tuesday so they could diagnose it.

Today, when I put them in to use and started the music, it BLASTED my eardrums! The volume was turned up ALL THE WAY ... and I know I didn’t do that. It’s like I have a ghost living in the buds. Crazy.
    10-29-2017 09:56 PM
    The issues you're having are indeed crazy and not the norm. Hopefully the Genius Bar will rectify it. My best to you. Keep us posted.
    eyecrispy likes this.
    10-30-2017 07:58 AM
    I’ve been having problems ever since the jump to iOS 11. Mostly related to the AirPods usually, but not always, defaulting to my Apple Watch and not my iPhone when I double tap. Never had that problem with iOS 10.
    10-31-2017 03:17 PM
    Thanks. Apple chat support wasn’t very helpful. They ended up just scheduling a Genius Bar appt for me for Tuesday so they could diagnose it.

Today, when I put them in to use and started the music, it BLASTED my eardrums! The volume was turned up ALL THE WAY ... and I know I didn’t do that. It’s like I have a ghost living in the buds. Crazy.
    You go to genius yet? How'd it go?
    10-31-2017 03:23 PM
    You go to genius yet? How'd it go?

Sitting here waiting as I type this.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-31-2017 03:54 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...df132d7722.jpg

Sitting here waiting as I type this.
    Any luck?
    10-31-2017 09:43 PM
    Any luck?
    They had me test with a set of theirs and it worked fine. And then they reset all settings and re-paired mine and it worked for a few min and then started cutting out. They replaced them (again). Hopefully it works better. I also just upgraded to 11.1 in hopes that helps.
    MooMooPrincess likes this.
    10-31-2017 09:56 PM
    Well, I’m happy to report that my AirPods worked ok all day today ..... I’m still a bit suspicious but so far so good. Double taps have worked, no weird disconnects, etc.

They did reset my settings and told me to go to 11.1 do I don’t know what actually fixed the issue.
    robertk328 and Just_Me_D like this.
    11-01-2017 06:08 PM
    Well, I’m happy to report that my AirPods worked ok all day today ..... I’m still a bit suspicious but so far so good. Double taps have worked, no weird disconnects, etc.

They did reset my settings and told me to go to 11.1 do I don’t know what actually fixed the issue.
    Good! I'm happy they're working for you now hopefully they continue to work
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-01-2017 08:51 PM

Glad you got it worked out!
    eyecrispy likes this.
    11-01-2017 09:41 PM

Whew glad to hear it! Fingers and toes crossed that this continues for you.
    11-02-2017 02:06 PM
    Whew glad to hear it! Fingers and toes crossed that this continues for you.
    Day 2 was good too. Took them for a run and had them paired to my watch and didn’t have any issues.
    ksassy and robertk328 like this.
    11-02-2017 09:08 PM
    Day 2 was good too. Took them for a run and had them paired to my watch and didn’t have any issues.
    Awesome!
    11-03-2017 03:40 PM
    Omg! I think my AirPods are starting to go out again. This, being my 3rd pair in a week or two .... everything has been super since they replaced my last pair and today I paired them with my phone and heard a crazy buzzing sound in the left ear bud. It ended after a second or two and started acting normally. Then tonight, it happened again! Not sure what the deal is but I’m starting to lose confidence in this product.
    11-07-2017 08:36 PM
    Omg! I think my AirPods are starting to go out again. This, being my 3rd pair in a week or two .... everything has been super since they replaced my last pair and today I paired them with my phone and heard a crazy buzzing sound in the left ear bud. It ended after a second or two and started acting normally. Then tonight, it happened again! Not sure what the deal is but I’m starting to lose confidence in this product.
    Noooooooo not again I swear there's an AirPod ghost that's following you around. What can I say because sorry doesn't cut it for all the multitude of issues you've dealt with. Sigh
    11-07-2017 10:39 PM
    Noooooooo not again I swear there's an AirPod ghost that's following you around. What can I say because sorry doesn't cut it for all the multitude of issues you've dealt with. Sigh
    I know right. And this issue has nothing to do with the others that I’ve had. I am using them with the iPhone X now .... but other than that, all else has remained the same.

Last night I tried to take a call on then and try as I might, could not get the audio to come out of the AirPods. I had to reset the buds and re-pair them 2x to get them working. And that strange vibrating noise in the left bud is super weird. When it happens you swear that the bud is going to go bad .... and then everything is ok again.
    11-08-2017 05:13 AM
    That’s crazy. There has got to be something else going on that’s causing the problem like Bluetooth interference or something. 3 new pairs of AirPods experiencing the issues and you appear to be the only person it’s affecting in this manner is definitely suspicious to ‘me’. Don’t misunderstand me, Cat. I’m not saying ‘you’ are doing something nefarious. I’m saying that my guess is interference of some sort.
    11-08-2017 07:21 AM
    That’s crazy. There has got to be something else going on that’s causing the problem like Bluetooth interference or something. 3 new pairs of AirPods experiencing the issues and you appear to be the only person it’s affecting in this manner is definitely suspicious to ‘me’. Don’t misunderstand me, Cat. I’m not saying ‘you’ are doing something nefarious. I’m saying that my guess is interference of some sort.
    Totally agree. I don’t know if it’s bt interference bc it’s happening in multiple places .... work and home.

This morning my AirPods wouldn’t connect at all to my iPad so I decided to reset them (again). I pressed the button and could not get it to reset to the blinking orange light. In fact, the light didn’t blink at all. I got fed up and scheduled yet another appt with Apple. After awhile I tried again and this time it reset and I was able to pair but then the iPad didn’t show the AirPods in the music tile in control center. Grrrrr. I am so irritated.

Looking on the bright side .... I will get to go back to the Apple store and pick up the water bottle I left there last tile I was there.
    11-08-2017 07:34 AM
    I had mine for just about a weekend. Picked up Friday night, wore Saturday, returned Sunday. They kept falling out and hurt my ears. Got beatsX and haven’t had any problems. Good luck.
    11-08-2017 08:02 AM
47 12