When I am sending a text message, my phone also sends it to me. How do stop this?

I

iMore Question

What can I do to stop my phone from sending me a copy of the text messages I send along with the notification alert sound? My wife and I share an apple id on 2 separate phones. I know this happens when I send her a text--is this something we can fix without using separate accounts? We like the shared photo stream and contacts and do not want to give that up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What can I do to stop my phone from sending me a copy of the text messages I send along with the notification alert sound? My wife and I share an apple id on 2 separate phones. I know this happens when I send her a text--is this something we can fix without using separate accounts? We like the shared photo stream and contacts and do not want to give that up.

You don't have to give up anything. You can share the same Apple ID for iTunes. But you need separate ID's for iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. Your iTunes ID can be the same as your iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime. But your Wife's iCloud, iMessage and FaceTime need to be different than the iTunes ID. If you don't do it this way, you run into all kinds of problems.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77