Problems with Siri

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I am having some issues with Siri. Last night I was getting the "cannot connect to network" message that has been going around and today it's just not working at all... I'll open Siri, give it a command and the icon will swirl around until the screen goes black. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Speedriff1

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are getting the constant, "I can't connect to the network" with Siri, try this. Dial *228 then when prompted choose option 1. After a few second you will hear, "Update complete". Hang up and try Siri again. This fix also works on texts where the headers are phone numbers instead of your contacts name. Hope this helps. Verizon only.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Siri has worked ~80% of the time for me today. It is going to be extremely helpful for daily use. I suspect the network issues are simply because millions of people are asking her if she knows HAL 9000. Things should settle down in a week or so. Hopefully.

murrelldj

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Siri seems to be working fine in the UK.... however, does anyone know if Apple intend on making siri able to look up businesses in the uk? oh and able to access maps in the uk? oh and give directions in the UK?.... at the moment it will only access these things in the USA.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple needs to expand the capacity of server or get more server machine or seperate the servers for each countries. It is ridiculus to see Siri is having trouble connecting to the network. Let her able to stay connected to the server!!!

:mad:

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Apple needs to expand the capacity of server or get more server machine or seperate the servers for each countries. It is ridiculus to see Siri is having trouble connecting to the network. Let her able to stay connected to the server!!!

I agree. Siri's a big reason im interested in the 4s. They need to take their weekend profits from 4s sales and directly invest in their server farm.

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

Lets not forget Siri is still in Beta.And the fact that you may have 3-4 million of people hammering during the course of the day on Siri with questions

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I've actually had good luck with Siri over the weekend. This morning, however, she's having a tough time connecting to the network. Although Apple has tagged this as beta, I doubt they want these issues to persist. People are excited about Siri and it's very impressive when you demo it to others...but it's gotta have network access! If it fails too often, the tidal wave of excitement will not get a chance to build up.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Lets not forget Siri is still in Beta.And the fact that you may have 3-4 million of people hammering during the course of the day on Siri with questions

Yes, but it'll be 9-10 million by the end of the month, so Apple needs to address the issue fairly quickly. I'm not going to return my 4S just because Siri is not available 20% of the time, but it'd be a bummer to try and demo it to a friend and have it not work. Fortunately it was working flawlessly yesterday when I demo'd it to several people.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site

How can you call SIRI a beta? It was a mass release with the new OS. Apple used this software as a selling tool in the new iPhone4S videos. That means that anyone that paid for a new iphone also paid for SIRI. Sorry, I am not accepting that this is a beta and all 4 million that paid are actually beta testers/

This is a major fail on Apples end if they dont resolve this soon.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
How can you call SIRI a beta? It was a mass release with the new OS. Apple used this software as a selling tool in the new iPhone4S videos. That means that anyone that paid for a new iphone also paid for SIRI. Sorry, I am not accepting that this is a beta and all 4 million that paid are actually beta testers/

This is a major fail on Apples end if they dont resolve this soon.

Apple called it beta so we wouldnt be surprised if siri could do, read, or find everything under the sun that we can think to ask of it.

ilwhana

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
The network connection is server hardware issue not the software program, right?
Siri is in Beta because it hasn't fully prepared for different language such as Korean, isn't it?

StaticFX

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
The network connection is server hardware issue not the software program, right?
Siri is in Beta because it hasn't fully prepared for different language such as Korean, isn't it?

correct... the main reason its in beta is because of the lack of language support. (probably also country support)

But i can see Siri's abilities expanding in the next year

skeletongloves

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Siri hasn't worked over 3G for two days now. Today iMessage stopped working and no websites are loading over 3G as well.

so much for the "it just works" philosophy.

I am still happy with the phone overall though and I know it will be amazing once they get the kinks worked out, its just so disheartening to have it not work again and again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53