Creating eMail with Siri

Tom Paterson

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
I have an Iphone 12 Pro Max, but this issue is affecting iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 10 and iPad devices. My iPhone 12 is running ios15, as are the others above too.

When I have Siri send emails my normal speech would be:
Email ( and say the recipients name)
Siri would then ask "What is the subject of your email" I would say e.g. Holidays
Then Siri would say "What would you like to say"
After a spoken dialogue, and a brief pause by me, Siri would then ask "Would you like me to send it?
I would then say "Send" or "Yes"
and Siri would say "Ok, I've sent your mail"

That has been the case for a couple of years, until last week 16th September 2021.

Now afer asking Siri to email someone,

Siri says Sorry, I can't help with that - Open the Mail App

This happened before I applied the 14.7. and the 15 update and as it is the same issue on different devices.
I have tried removing Gmail from the Mail app and loading it again, makes no difference though.

Does anyone have a fix for my problem

Thanks for any help given.
Tom

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an Iphone 12 Pro Max, but this issue is affecting iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 10 and iPad devices. My iPhone 12 is running ios15, as are the others above too.

When I have Siri send emails my normal speech would be:
Email ( and say the recipients name)
Siri would then ask "What is the subject of your email" I would say e.g. Holidays
Then Siri would say "What would you like to say"
After a spoken dialogue, and a brief pause by me, Siri would then ask "Would you like me to send it?
I would then say "Send" or "Yes"
and Siri would say "Ok, I've sent your mail"

That has been the case for a couple of years, until last week 16th September 2021.

Now afer asking Siri to email someone,

Siri says Sorry, I can't help with that - Open the Mail App

This happened before I applied the 14.7. and the 15 update and as it is the same issue on different devices.
I have tried removing Gmail from the Mail app and loading it again, makes no difference though.

Does anyone have a fix for my problem

Thanks for any help given.
Tom

There was an iMore Blog article on this matter and I think I saw it yesterday. I’ll see if I can locate for you.

Tom Paterson

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Annie_M and Just_Me_D
I work in a Centre for Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired, over here in Scotland. This deals our Sevice Users a heavy blow as they rely on Siri so much in their daily routines, as you can imagine. They have been using an alternative fix for now, you have to wonder why Apple would do a thing like this. Surely they know their clientelle better, espacially as they gave us Seeing AI not that long ago. I do hope someone comes to their senses and makes these commands available again soon.
Thank you for the link, I can now give my clients/students an explanation as to what has happened
Tom

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Annie_M and Just_Me_D
I work in a Centre for Visually Impaired and Hearing Impaired, over here in Scotland. This deals our Sevice Users a heavy blow as they rely on Siri so much in their daily routines, as you can imagine. They have been using an alternative fix for now, you have to wonder why Apple would do a thing like this. Surely they know their clientelle better, espacially as they gave us Seeing AI not that long ago. I do hope someone comes to their senses and makes these commands available again soon.
Thank you for the link, I can now give my clients/students an explanation as to what has happened
Tom

You’re very welcome…. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77