No iOS 14 OTA Update for me?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I know the update dropped this morning, I know multiple people who have downloaded ... it’s just not showing up on my 11Pro

I’ve turned the phone on and off, performed a “hard” reboot, toggled WiFi and cellular on and off... kind of at a loss here.

I was on the beta track, but decided not to run it on my daily iPhone, so did a hard reset and restored from back-up to the official iOS 13 that was out back in June.

Wondering if I should just download the beta profile again from the developer site and run the GM

IMG_1352.JPG

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
You could try restarting your modem/router, since you might be hitting a server that doesn’t have the update yet.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
You could try restarting your modem/router, since you might be hitting a server that doesn’t have the update yet.

I hadn’t thought of that. Thank you!

(Edit: although I updated another member of my household’s device earlier this afternoon on the same WiFi network (I assume the same server) and that phone updated without issue)

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
When you do that, also make sure you turn off your iPhone. That should clear out all local caches that would point to a caching server ;)

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Finally got ahold of my MacBook Pro. Updated the old fashioned way (iOS14 was automatically available as soon as I plugged in my iPhone and went to the Finder)

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
It seemed iOS 14 broke the wifi on my iPad 6th Gen. Instead of thinking like the tech I was trained as (Windows..though basic troubleshooting principles should apply to any situation..) I contacted Apple support.

I simply had to restart my iPad. Problem solved!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77