My iPhone 5 has arrived!

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Do you hear a thin rattling voice which comes from the inside of the device? (From the sim card slot's side) I'm hearing a little voice when I shake my device like that..

Yes, the little voice said Feed Me Seymour. It freaked me a bit. :)

No, no noises that I notice when I shake mine (even shaking it hard)

Redshirt

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Phone received, still syncing (from 32gb phone, seems a bit faster to sync than the iPhone 4). I had taken off most of the apps/items, but still taking a while. Came with roughly 80% charge. Had to reboot for iTunes to see it (weird). Got the 64GB version, capacity is listed at 57.30GB in iTunes.

Corsair4

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
OS6 manual do not work at Apple

The OS6 manual comes out as OS5.1

I have sent them a message concerning this error.

I hope they fix it soon!

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
Received my black 64gb at like 10 this morning. It's unbelievable light! Spent 45 min on the phone to activate since I upgraded using my wife's line. The AT&T person seemed like she was new and had to ask for help a couple of times. But eventually they got it right. Screen is absolutely beautiful! Not liking the audio jack on the bottom, but willing to adjust. Videos look astounding.

_marlam

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine arrived eventually. Had no confirmation from TMobUK at all - even though they've been telling customers all week on twitter of email/sms updates.

Wasn't expecting it to come at all today after they kept repeating the SMS/email thing, however, I'm sat playing with my gorgeous white iPhone 5 :)

Hooray!

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I spent about 45 minutes on the phone with at&t activating the phone, at the end they gave me a credit of 25 dollars for the inconvenience, not that I asked for it.
My wife's iphone was much more easier to activate thru the phone only.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got mine but having trouble activating OTA. Automated process keeps saying cannot activate and forwards to customer service. Customer service just said to hook up to iTunes. Trying that now.

UPDATE: Just went and activated on myverizon, rebooted and all good now. Pleasantly surprised and how light and thin it is. I'm not sure how but it somehow seems smaller than the 4 and 4S. I held them both side by side and the 4S felt bulky compared to this.

Last edited:

canguler87

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
You're really have shake pretty hard but yeah I guess... It's the only moving part in the phone...if you shake vigorously of course it will make a noise.... I don't plan on shaking my phone... So not an issue

:) Me neither.. I just wondered if I'm the only one who is hearing that or not.. If that voice exits more than one device, sure it can't be an issue.. (hopefully)

Thanks for your answer...

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I love it.

Picked up a black 64 gig at a local Best Buy on the way to work...that had NO lineup. :)

I was prepared. I brought my laptop to work with me, so I've restored from a 3GS back up, loaded ALL my music and All my apps.
Much more satisfying than always having to manage storage by deleting songs and apps from my old 32 gigger.

Cancelled my online pre-order. :)

It truly is surprisingly light.

Browser is twice as fast as a collegues 4S.(same carrier)

After entering passcode, it opens instantly, unlike my 3GS, which had a 5-15 second delay.

Photos are MUCH more natural looking.

Now I have all weekend to get familiar with it!
HDR, Siri, Maps, FaceTime, iPhoto, iMovie...

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine just came and am restoring from backup now. Looked like it had about 80% battery. Boy is this phone thin!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77