iOS 11.3.1 is also draining my battery

May 4, 2018
Visit site
I have iPhone 6S and I updated to iOS new update 11.3.1. But the problem after installing the update is, it is draining battery quickly.

Like I have a battery about 70% and after 15 minutes it reduced to 25% without doing anything.

Anyone facing same?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have iPhone 6S and I updated to iOS new update 11.3.1. But the problem after installing the update is, it is draining battery quickly.

Like I have a battery about 70% and after 15 minutes it reduced to 25% without doing anything.

Anyone facing same?

Restart your iPhone.
My Watch had a similar issue and restarting fixed it.

Minorite

May 8, 2018
Visit site
Hey! I had a similar trouble after updating to iOS 11.2. Try the restart as Tartarus suggested, it can be a random glitch. If this won't help, check if there is any app or process running in the background, maybe there was a backup in progress or some heavy update.

In the worst scenario, it can be a corrupted iOS update (like in my case :( ). If you won't be able to fix it with steps above, ask Apple for help. Also, if you have a recent backup that was made before the update you can try restoring it (or just reset device to factory and restore this backup, should fix almost any iOS-related issue). Hope this helps!

Billy Beckham

May 7, 2018
Visit site
To make your device run for a longer time, you only need to adjust some settings of your device like reducing the brightness of screen, disabling wireless network, quitting background software and so on. If you do not how to manage them, you can go with the details below to make an attempt.

1. Lower Screen Brightness

When you use your iPhone, it is inevitable that the screen is lit. And obviously, the brighter your screen is, the shorter your battery life would be. Therefore, it is advisable to reduce the brightness of the screen, which can protect your eyes as well. To adjust the screen brightness, you can go to Settings> Wallpaper & Brightness. Just drag the slider to decrease your screen brightness.

2. Tighten Up Auto-Lock

Almost all the mobile phone users choose to auto-lock their device. With this setting, you do not need to anything and just wait for several seconds or minutes to let the device lock automatically. And naturally, if the time that your device stay lit is longer, the battery will be consumed faster. In this case, you can set a shorter time period for Auto-Lock. You can navigate to Settings> Display & Brightness> Auto-Lock. Then tick the shortest period for your device, namely 30 seconds.

3. Turn off Wi-fi if You Don't Need It

For using the applications on iPhone smoothly, we always need to connect our devices to wireless network. Wi-fi would be an indispensable service for us but it is also the main reason of short life battery. Thus, you are suggested to turn off this service when you do not need to use the software connecting Wi-fi. If you want to disable it, you can visit Settings> Wi-fi and tap on the button to turn it off easily.

4. Turn off LTE

With the development of technology, the speed of cellular network becomes quicker and quicker. For customers, this is a good news since we don't need to spend too much time waiting for loading files. However, the speedy LTE cellular network requires more energy in fact. So if you are not raring to get the files, you can use the slower or older networks. You can go to Settings> Cellular and then slide the Enable LTE feature off.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Wife's iPh 6s also and just in the last 2 3 days started draining her battery super fast....I just found out that on mine there is an update to iOS 11 .4, I will do so on hers too and see if that helps. Otherwise try the steps by B.B and ultimately a visit to the local Apple Store...

Will post here if things improved.

colocolo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Had wife put a lock code on her phone....BINGO that did it....Obviously it also had to do with upgrading the iOS, because she's had the phone over a year without a lock and it never DRAINED like it was up until yesterday.

We ckd the battery health and it is at 90% perfect.

Gracias !!!

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I had no issues with my 6S when it was running ios10.

I planned on keeping it at 10 for as long as I could. I was experiencing some lagginess one day and decided to close out all the apps in the background and restart the phone. Bad idea!!!!.

When i went to turn the phone back on i was stuck in a boot loop. I made an appointment with the apple store and they were able to fix my phone only by updating it to IOS11. Ever since then i have been having really, really subpar battery life.

I find myself switching my sim into my SE if I’m going to be going to a concert or something where ill be gone from a charger for the majority of the day.

That’s just my experience though.

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... I'm taking a chance and resetting my iPhone 6s and restoring it from a backup of iOS 11.4 from one of my iPhone 7 devices (the other one is still running iOS 10.3.3). I hope this comes out okay!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hmm... I'm taking a chance and resetting my iPhone 6s and restoring it from a backup of iOS 11.4 from one of my iPhone 7 devices (the other one is still running iOS 10.3.3). I hope this comes out okay!

It should turn out okay. Just remember to rename your iPhone 6AmS afterwards in the Settings because the name from your iPhone 7, if different, will carry over.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8