Apple Pay is not working on my Watch Ultra since updating to watchOS 10.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I recently updated my Apple Watch Ultra to WatchOS 10. Just 2 hours before this, I used the Apple Pay on my watch without issue. Since the update, when I activate the Apple Pay, it displays my default card, but it doesn’t do “the magic” with the terminal. It’s not transmitting any data, and both sides are acting as if nothing happened. Is this a known bug? Anyone else having issues?

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I have not seen that happen on my Apple Watch Series 5. It does take 2 or 3 seconds to kick in though.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope. First thing I tried.
I use Apple Pay almost daily without any issues, but I don't think I've used it via my Apple Watch since the newest developer beta. I did with the previous beta and the official v10 and it worked well. It's possible it's only affecting the Ultra, but you're the first person I've read with the issue thus far.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just checked Apple’s system, status page and there’s no report of anything being down. Have you submitted a bug report or a feedback report?

My husband had a surgical procedure today and I’m in the waiting room. I just successfully used my watch to use Apple Pay at a vending machine. My watch is a series 7.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I used Apple Pay on my Ultra a couple of days ago with 10.0.1.

I'd suggest trying removing the card and adding it back again. Or perhaps see if there is another payment terminal; maybe the one you are using is having issues?

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I used Apple Pay on my Ultra a couple of days ago with 10.0.1.

I'd suggest trying removing the card and adding it back again. Or perhaps see if there is another payment terminal; maybe the one you are using is having issues?

I’ve removed and added back my debit card, Discover card, and my Apple Card. None of them work. Tried at several terminals, and nothing.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I just checked Apple’s system, status page and there’s no report of anything being down. Have you submitted a bug report or a feedback report?

My husband had a surgical procedure today and I’m in the waiting room. I just successfully used my watch to use Apple Pay at a vending machine. My watch is a series 7.

I submitted a feedback report after I saw your question. Haven’t heard back yet.

Reactions: Annie_M

Sunny_V

Oct 26, 2023
Visit site
I recently updated my Apple Watch Ultra to WatchOS 10. Just 2 hours before this, I used the Apple Pay on my watch without issue. Since the update, when I activate the Apple Pay, it displays my default card, but it doesn’t do “the magic” with the terminal. It’s not transmitting any data, and both sides are acting as if nothing happened. Is this a known bug? Anyone else having issues?
I was having the same frustrating problem on my Ultra 2, and you more than likely have it working now, but for those having the issue still, this is what fixed it for me:
On your watch, go to Settings>Accessibility>Assistive touch (which should be on)>scroll down to "Confirm with Assistive Touch" and toggle it off. Power watch off and restart it. Now when you double click to pay, you will see "Hold Near Reader", which wasn't showing before.

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same frustrating problem on my Ultra 2, and you more than likely have it working now, but for those having the issue still, this is what fixed it for me:
On your watch, go to Settings>Accessibility>Assistive touch (which should be on)>scroll down to "Confirm with Assistive Touch" and toggle it off. Power watch off and restart it. Now when you double click to pay, you will see "Hold Near Reader", which wasn't showing before.

I would get “Hold Near Reader”, but it wouldn’t do anything. That worked though. Just tried it after changing it, and it worked without issue. Thanks!

Reactions: 11B1P

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for sharing @Sunny_V! And, welcome to iMore!

DragelinaEt

Feb 28, 2024
Visit site

On your watch, go to Settings>Accessibility>Assistive touch (which should be on)>scroll down to "Confirm with Assistive Touch" and toggle it off. Power watch off and restart it.
Now when you double click to pay, you will see "Hold Near Reader", which wasn't showing before.

After that I tried several times, rebooted the watch and everything worked as expected. In general, I regularly use apple pay in various areas. Recently I saw free spins no deposit nederland and some of them also accept apple pay. In addition, they have free chips on sign-up, so I come in periodically to see what's news.
Thank you! Assistive touch doesn't need to be turned on again after rebooting, right?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77