watchOS 10 is great – but it’s ruined the Apple Watch Fitness app

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
For me, the biggest frustration with watchOS 10 was removing the customizable Dock -- which was also how I accessed the Fitness app. I prefer to not have many complications on my watch face, as it was too easy to accidentally launch those apps with an unintended tap. The Dock was the perfect way to quickly access the handful of apps I most often used -- but now that's gone in favor of mapping the side button to the quick settings menu (something that used to be easily brought up with a swipe).

oprospero

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Great article! Captures the essence of the problem.

I agree that watchOS 10 Fitness app feels like a step backward and no longer intuitive. Why remove the depth of information. As the most used app on my watch I feel like they need skins or a way for us to go back… This felt like a change for the sake of change to make a more colorful display, not a more usable app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I completely agree that it's "clunky". I do miss the dock, and I've found that starting a workout has gotten more difficult than in previous versions.

Reactions: devonair

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they would revert to the previous design’s behaviours for the Fitness and Workouts apps.

I loved having more information and the ability to easily finish or add a workout.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77