Anyone else hooked on DVR?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

A BIG part of me wants to "cut the cord" as they say. Just subscribe to good internet, and survive via what I can download and/or stream, BUT what keeps me tied to my Cable/Fiberoptics is my DVR! I just LOVE how easy it is to subscribe to my favorite shows and have them record for me automatically, THEN when convenient I can watch my shows AND zap right through the commercials. Sometimes I will even skip watching a show when it's live and then start watching JUST after it's down, or when it's 1/2 down so I can still zap through commercials.

Anyone else out their hooked on DVR?

Last edited:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Many of the shows I watch are available through other mediums such as Hulu. And many content providers are offering their own stand alone apps to subscribe and watch their content through. So for me personally, DVR is usually the last place I go for my shows. Typically I can find them elsewhere. I haven't yet cut the cord completely because of local channel offerings. But once I find a reliable means to obtain my locals...I'll be cutting the cord. Had issues with the last digital antenna I purchased.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No, I'm not hooked on DVR. In fact, because of "On Demand" programming and services like Hulu (as mentioned above by Quis89), I honestly don't have a need for it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77