Android Convert

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
It's called the 'teething period'. Things are sometimes not like they used to be and therefore confusion and in some cases rage inducing begin. haha.

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone 6s Plus! its a wonderful choice and I'm sure you will enjoy the battery!

Also Welcome to iMore! hopefully this won't be your last iPhone purchase :D

It's a teething period indeed 😁 I'm still adjusting, but I'm really enjoying it so far. I do miss being able to schedule ring profiles. On my Samsung, my phone was set to automatically go to silent on Sunday mornings for worship. Then on workdays beginning at 8 it'll change from loud to beep once . I never worried about manually changing the profiles . It irks me too that I can't find an app that allows me to set the backlight to remain on for specific apps.
I miss the freedom of customization. But I'm loving the phenomenal battery life.

for3nsicguy

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
I was an Android user for 7+ years and switched to a 6S+ about 3 months ago. Love the battery life and the fact that I'm not constantly troubleshooting problems. The iPhone excels at 2 things: 1) Doing what it is supposed to do; and 2) Not doing things it is not supposed to do.

I really struggle with the static grid of icons that only sort top -> left and the almost complete lack of any way to customize the user interface. I'll throw the lack of actionable notifications under that same bus.

The other big issue I have is with having to use iTunes to transfer content to the phone. I can use cloud services to move some stuff around, but most content has to be transferred via iTunes. It's my phone; I paid for it, just give me access to the file system already.

The iPhone is what the iPhone is...which is an excellent smartphone that is very dependable. The only time I am not happy with my 6S+ is when I expect it to be something it is not.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've been quite happy with my iPhone. Hard to believe it's been 4 months already! Since then I've picked up an iPad Air 2 and an Apple Watch (can't make the Apple logo). It's taken a bit to get used to everything, but now I don't think I want to go back to Android at all.

Oh, and I LOVE Apple Pay! Here in Canada our mobile payment options are limited, but there's few places I can't pay with my watch (which always gets a reaction when someone sees me do it)

MalkiaC

Dec 27, 2016
Visit site
I was an Android user for 7+ years and switched to a 6S+ about 3 months ago. Love the battery life and the fact that I'm not constantly troubleshooting problems. The iPhone excels at 2 things: 1) Doing what it is supposed to do; and 2) Not doing things it is not supposed to do.

I really struggle with the static grid of icons that only sort top -> left and the almost complete lack of any way to customize the user interface. I'll throw the lack of actionable notifications under that same bus.

The other big issue I have is with having to use iTunes to transfer content to the phone. I can use cloud services to move some stuff around, but most content has to be transferred via iTunes. It's my phone; I paid for it, just give me access to the file system already.

The iPhone is what the iPhone is...which is an excellent smartphone that is very dependable. The only time I am not happy with my 6S+ is when I expect it to be something it is not.

Haven't tried to transfer my music yet. My laptop has been going crazy on me, and we're blocked from downloading itunes, etc at work. I have probably 15-20gb of music on my memory card. But I've read so much about itunes headache, I may just forget about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2