FaceTime and phone calls showing up on second phone

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
My sons FaceTime calls and phone calls are showing up on my phone. The phone does not ring but under the call log I see the calls that he made and received as well as the FaceTime . How can I stop this?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
But my phone doesn't actually ring, the calls just pop up on my call log. Does that still relate to my issues?

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
......and at the time I'm not connected to the same wifi network....I can be out of town and "missed calls or received calls" list populates with his calls ....

scottMan1

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
It's normal functionality for FaceTime with shared a Apple ID. It's annoying to see missed calls on mine when they were directed to my kids iPod account. I think it's a feature although I wish it could be changed.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
So what you're saying is that I'm stuck with it? I deleted my Apple ID from their phones ( I think) and I'm still getting them. But that just started recently . I want to say with the upgrade to ios9.... Because I never had that issue with it before.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I think my problem is that I'm getting iMessage confused with FaceTime. I didn't have FaceTime turned on in the past and I have no use for it . Now I had it turned on confusing it with iMessage and that's why I was getting this missed calls (?) and FaceTime.....would that be correct? I turned it off now.....

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I deleted my iTunes from his phone. I just have iCloud on his. I turned off my FaceTime, don't know what else to do. I have to keep track of where he's at....but I don't need to know who's he's calling ....etc....

DriftersEscape

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, have you tried iMessage settings and the phone numbers or e mails associated with your acct.
on mine there's a list of numbers and/or emails check mark only your phone number
Hope this is helpful

Lannie

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to sit with his phone today side by side and look at all of the possibilities. Last night I changed iCloud names but then "find my phone" doesn't work well when I'm trying to pick up his phone on mines. It shows that it's off line when it isn't.....

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Kind of hard to follow what's happening here but it sounds like you are using the same iCloud ID on both devices. (iCloud and iTunes ID are two different things). You each need to be signed into iCloud on your own device under your own separate iCloud ID. Then you start family sharing with you becoming the organizer and invite your son. Now, go to his device,settings>privacy>turn location services on then down to "share my location" tap that and then from "this device" underneath that it will show you under family, select to share. His device will now appear under the "find my phone" settings in the app as well as the details tab in messages. It will also show in "find my friends" that you can configure to show in the Notification Center.

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Kind of hard to follow what's happening here but it sounds like you are using the same iCloud ID on both devices. (iCloud and iTunes ID are two different things). You each need to be signed into iCloud on your own device under your own separate iCloud ID. Then you start family sharing with you becoming the organizer and invite your son. Now, go to his device,settings>privacy>turn location services on then down to "share my location" tap that and then from "this device" underneath that it will show you under family, select to share. His device will now appear under the "find my phone" settings in the app as well as the details tab in messages. It will also show in "find my friends" that you can configure to show in the Notification Center.

I finally got it.....basically along the lines of what you stated. We had to create different iCloud accounts. Then he added me to the family . I could not see him online last night because he didnt click on the option to share his location. But I did that now and that should work now. Thanks guys for helping out an iPhone newbie.....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2